How much does a Staff Accountant make in the United States? The average Staff Accountant salary in the United States is $56,179 as of February 26, 2021, but the salary range typically falls between $51,211 and $61,895.Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
The average salary for a Staff Accountant is $51,470. Visit PayScale to research staff accountant salaries by city, experience, skill, employer, and more.
A salary is a form of payment from an employer to an employee, which may be specified in an employment contract. It is contrasted with piece wages, where each job, hour, or other unit is paid separately, rather than periodically. From the point of view of running a business, the salary can also be viewed as the cost of acquiring and retaining human resources for running operations and is then termed personnel expense or salary expense. In accounting, salaries are recorded on payroll accounts.
Below are the most recent staff accountant salary reports. Employer name has been removed to protect anonymity. $57,529. per year. A Staff Accountant in the Provo, UT Area area reported making $57,529 per year. Job Highlights. 3-4 years experience. Provo, UT Area area. Full-time. 1001 to 5000 employees.
The average salary for a Staff Accountant is $54,638 per year in the United States. Learn about salaries, benefits, salary satisfaction, and where you could earn the most.
Importantly, all of these jobs are paid between $37,780 (72.3%) and $60,721 (116.3%) more than the average Staff Accountant salary of $52,230. If you’re qualified, getting hired for one of these related Staff Accountant jobs may help you make more money than that of the average Staff Accountant position.
A Staff Accountant in your area makes on average $26 per hour or $0.59 (2%) more than the national average hourly salary of $25.11. ranks number 1 out of 50 states nationwide for Staff Accountant salaries.
The senior staff accountant’s salary midpoint is $80,500, according to our Salary Guide, with the low end at $66,000 and the high end at $120,750. Meanwhile, an accounting manager’s midpoint starting salary is $95,250, with the low end of the salary range at $79,000 and the high end at $147,000.
What staff accountant salary to expect?
For a professional with one to three years of experience, the staff accountant’s salary starts at $50,750, the midpoint is $64,250, and the top of the scale is $100,500. Aside from company size and industry, the location has a big influence on your accountant’s starting salary.
The national average salary for a Staff Accountants is $53,011 in the United States. Filter by location to see Staff Accountants’ salaries in your area. Salary estimates are based on 50,942 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Staff Accountants employees.
The median staff accountant salary, for someone with up to one year of experience, is $48,500. The salary range starts at $39,750 for someone with less experience or working at a smaller company, and it tops out at $72,000 for a highly skilled candidate at a large organization.
Staff Accountant – Altia
This is a position with a solid team of highly engaged and motivated individuals who work together to deliver Altia’s financial mission and objectives. The selected candidate will bring a strong background and skill set in accounting and finance activities and a strong desire to continue to grow with the Finance team and with Altia. Staff Accountant Salary $65,000 – $75,000 a year with Job Type Full-time
Altia is a software platform that enables automotive and IoT manufacturers to get easy-to-use, compelling Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) on any embedded hardware. By providing powerful, professional-grade embedded GUI development tools, we help create, customer-focused designers and software engineers worldwide efficiently deploy amazing user interfaces. Automotive, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics companies rely on Alia’s best-in-class software and services to get their GUIs into production.
Participate as a member of a cross-trained team with primary responsibilities for:
- Day-to-day and month-end accounting and account analyses
- Maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts ensuring supporting documentation for all relevant activity
- Operational and financial reporting including variance analyses
- Third-party vendor payment processing, credit card, and employee reimbursement platforms. Oversight includes ensuring the platform is maintained to connect seamlessly to the accounting platform.
- The company’s full expenditure cycle including vendor and expense set-up maintenance and ownership of related filings (e.g., 1099 annual report filing and quarterly state and use tax)
- Ownership of regulatory filing requirements
- Ownership in all assigned processes including process design and evaluation and integration of new tools as necessary
- Preparation for and participation in annual financial statement audit
- Coordinating and collaborating with global operations on shared initiatives
- Ad hoc projects
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- 3 years of general accounting experience. The mix of public and industry experience is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related financial discipline
- Rock-solid understanding of core areas of U.S. GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills required including complex formulas and pivot tables
- System integration experience a plus
- Expertise with financial systems utilized in previous positions required. Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for proper prioritization and the ability to complete assignments on a timely basis
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from multiple sources
- A positive and energetic approach to daily/monthly/quarterly tasks, as well as new projects
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge quickly, performing with precision
- Desire to grow and continually develop new skills
- A propensity to embrace change and to foster the evolution of processes as the company grows
- Physical requirements: Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for 8 hours per day
Company Global Headquarters: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Location: HQ Preferred; May consider remote applicants
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Accounting Manager
Position Status: Full-time / Salaried / Exempt
Benefits Eligibility: Full Benefit Package
Budgeted Base Salary Range: $65,000 75,000
<<< To apply Staff Accountant – Altia >>>
To more Staff Accountant Salary, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.