Dendreon for Staff Accountant in Seattle, WA
Typical duties of a staff accountant include preparing journal entries and reconciliations. Staff accountants may also perform duties such as accounts payable and accounts receivable. A corporate staff accountant typically reports to a controller or accounting manager. Do you have a four-year accounting degree and a year of experience? Find out how you’re in a great position to land a staff accountant’s salary. In addition to this, a Staff Accountant analyzes financial information and informs management of the best practices in the field of accounting.
Job Description: Dendreon is seeking a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for month-end accounting including revenue/accounts receivable and general accounting functions. The position is responsible for compiling SEC disclosures and reporting and preparing schedules for the external auditors. The position is also responsible for auditing/tracking/reporting of aggregate spending transactions.
- General Ledger responsibilities including reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end closing activities
- Ensure monthly controls related to revenue and accounts receivable are performed timely
- Responsible for the periodic generation of invoices from Oracle and related reconciliations.
- Responsible for the weekly auditing/tracking of aggregate spend transactions. This will include reviewing expense reports and accounts payable invoices to ensure that relevant information is included and then appropriately logged to enable periodic reporting to state agencies. Position may also be responsible for preparing periodic state reporting.
- Generate and provide reports as required for financial, tax, and audit purposes
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business-Related field
- 3+ Years of Accounting Experience required
- Strong System & Communication Skills
- Oracle experience a plus
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- The job is performed in a normal office environment.
- Physical requirements include the ability to operate a personal computer, automated office equipment, and to work at a desk for long periods of time with frequent opportunities to move to other locations within the building.
The preceding job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required for company business needs from time to time.
to apply: http://tinyurl.com/32q8fmz