Staff Accountant Job Description
Pacific Medical Centers is one of Washington’s Top 100 Best Places to Work, and among the top 20 companies to work for in 2009 and 2010, determined by an annual ranking compiled by Seattle Business Monthly magazine. Our employees collectively agreed that our organization offers an exciting workplace with a high patient-focused team environment and ample career-building opportunities. We are focused on quality patient care and serving our community.
PacMed has been a healthcare provider since 1933 and has expanded to 10 locations in Washington State. We have more than 150+ primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to developing a compassionate, long-term relationship with our patients and providing the highest-quality medical care to all we serve.
This is your opportunity to join a leading healthcare organization. Pacific Medical Centers is currently seeking a dynamic Staff Accountant – General to join our team.
Performs professional accounting duties such as analyzing, interpreting and summarizing financial data on time. Assists the Controller and Senior Accountant with the development and analysis of the monthly financial statements, as well as corresponding audit schedules for various external reviews. Assists in the development of appropriate accounting policies and procedures.
- Accounting or Business Management degree with a major in accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- One year experience in general ledger accounting.
- Understanding of capitated revenue and IBNR concepts desirable.
- Positive attitude and proactive approach to position.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize and coordinate workload.
- Ability to apply thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with personnel, both inside and outside the Accounting Department.
- Software: Windows/ Word, Excel, ACCESS database. Solomon and Quickbooks experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
BENEFITS: Pacific Medical Centers’ offers competitive benefits, including paid medical/dental/vision for employees, 29 days Paid Time Off per year to start, ORCA transportation pass, gym and massage discounts, retirement programs, tuition reimbursement and more.
**Background check, drug screen, and influenza vaccination or proof of immunization will be required for all candidates selected for this position.
To apply Staff Accountant: http://tinyurl.com/4uc56kr