Staff Accountant Salary Chicago
How much does a Staff Accountant make in Chicago, IL? The average Staff Accountant salary in Chicago, IL is $59,600 as of February 26, 2021, but the salary range typically falls between $54,329 and $65,664.
The average salary for a Staff Accountant is $57,819 per year in Chicago, IL. Learn about salaries, benefits, salary satisfaction, and where you could earn the most.
As of December 28, 2020, the average Staff Accountant salary in Chicago, IL is $88,642. The chart below represents localized salaries for some of our most popular Staff Accountant job titles in Chicago, IL. Salaries can vary greatly depending on numerous factors, including position, location, years of experience, and level of education.
Staff Accountant I Salary in Chicago, Illinois How much does a Staff Accountant I make in Chicago, IL? The average Staff Accountant I salary in Chicago, IL is $58,829 as of November 25, 2020, but the range typically falls between $53,557 and $64,771.
As of Jan 22, 2021, the average annual pay for a Staff Accountant in Chicago is $51,885 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $24.94 an hour. This is the equivalent of $998/week or $4,324/month.
How much does a Senior Staff Accountant make in Chicago, IL? The average salary for a Senior Staff Accountant is $67,375 in Chicago, IL. Salaries estimates are based on 2,634 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Senior Staff Accountant employees …
Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in Chicago, Illinois. An entry level staff accountant (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of $43,013. On the other end, a senior-level staff accountant (8+ years of experience) earns an average salary of $74,278.
As of Feb 9, 2021, the average annual pay for an Entry Level Staff Accountant in Chicago is $44,459 year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $21.37 an hour.
How much do Staff accountants make?
The average salary for a staff accountant is $49,858. However, many factors can affect this number, including experience or degree level. Staff accountants may receive higher or lower salaries depending on the industry they work in or the state they live in.
How much do similar professions to staff accountants get paid? Check the below Indeed career pages for the detailed pay ranges for the similar …
Staff Accountant-Field – Hyatt Centric Chicago Loop
Job Description Summary:
Check figures postings and documents for accuracy. Organize secure and maintain all file records cash and cash equivalents under policies and procedures. Record store access and/or analyze computerized financial information. Classify code and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records using journal ledgers and/or computers. Prepare maintain audits and distribute statistical financial accounting auditing or payroll reports and tables. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified. Prepare review reconcile and issue bills invoices and account statements according to company procedures. Follow-up and resolve past due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in full is received or resolved. Prepare daily consolidated deposits of cash received by all cash handling employees. Document maintain communicate and act upon all Cash Variances. Prepare maintain and administer all cashier banks and contracts. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of related work experience required.
- No supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills arithmetic computation and learning skills.
- Proficient in speaking English and communicating to guests and co-workers using clear appropriate and professional language.
- Comfortable with using Microsoft Office systems and tools.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings answering with a smile in one’s voice using the callers’ name transferring calls to the appropriate person/department requesting permission before placing the caller on hold taking and relaying messages and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g. daily logs business letters memoranda reports) including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Adhere to the policies outlined in the Aimbridge Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with general managers property accountants/controllers associates and other departments.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other associates and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Handle sensitive issues with associates and/or guests with tact respect diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Check figures postings and documents for correct entry mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Organize secure and maintain all files and records following document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Record store and/or analyze information using property software.
- Control and secure cash and cash equivalents for property according to cash handling policy and procedures.
- Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Code documents according to company policies and procedures.
- Classify record and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records using journal ledgers and/or computers.
- Prepare maintain and distribute statistical financial accounting auditing or payroll reports and tables.
- Generate finance/accounting reports from the computer system as needed.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
- Audit statistical financial accounting auditing or payroll reports and tables.
- Prepare review and issue bills invoices and account statements according to company procedures.
- Transfer direct billing accounts from guest ledger to Accounts Receivable and file according to company policies and procedures.
- Review group master bills for accuracy.
- Audit cashier banks periodically according to SOPs.
- Document maintain communicate and act upon all Cash Variances according to SOPs.
- Maintain a safe fund to meet the cash operational needs of the property.
- Prepare daily consolidated deposits of cash received by all cash handling employees.
- Prepare maintain and administer all cashier banks and contracts.
- Maintain distribute and record all petty cash according to SOPs.
<<< To apply Staff Accountant-Field – Hyatt Centric Chicago Loop >>>
To more Staff Accountant Salary Chicago, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.