Insurance Office of America: Senior Staff Accountant – Longwood, FL
Job Summary: Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment with regard to the day-to-day accounting functions of Insurance Office of America, primarily in the area of business development. Interacts with and provides professional support to Management. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Staff Accountant to join our IOA team.
- Manage the accounting function for acquired agencies prior to migrating to IOA’s agency management system.
- Assist in completing due diligence efforts and accounting transition for acquisitions.
Assist with the creation, documentation and testing of internal controls and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with month-end close, including but not limited to, preparation of reconciliations, executive reports, and financial statements for assigned entities.
Some Great Reasons to Work at IOA…
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with employer match
- Participation in employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day, you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in public/private industry
- Experience with an insurance industry a plus
- Must have strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word & Excel
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Familiar with general principles of accounting
- Required Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths, and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to a problem
- Ability to analyze and evaluate results to choose the best solutions and solve problems on complex issues
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle stress of a short time constraints
If being part of a growing team committed to world-class service sounds exciting to you, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Senior Staff Accountant position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
To apply >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=dce37c7133b83267
More Staff Accountant jobs >>> click hire