Software Development Engineer Job Description
Amazon’s New Products division is looking for exceptional software engineers to break ground on a new strategic business for Amazon.com. The New Products division offers a creative, fast-paced, startup-like work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon’s innovation by exploring, defining, and building new products and services.
You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborate on product definition with business teams, architect and implement the technical solution, and measure its success. You will work with senior management and play a fundamental role in ensuring the Amazon continues to reinvent itself. You will be working with a talented team of technical professionals to build highly scalable customer-facing systems.
The New Products division develops products using the latest in front-end, back-end, and mobile technology. We write high quality, well-tested code and maintain a very low operational overhead that allows us to focus continuously on delivering exciting new functionality for our users. The new products division utilizes the latest in agile and test-driven development methods and tools. We utilize the latest in test automation frameworks and use them at large scale. Our testing practices encompasses not only functionality but also guaranteeing that performance, scalability, and support for rapid iteration at a level not seen by many other companies
The position requires a strong engineer with hands-on coding experience in Java and or C++. Expect to spend at least 50% of your time doing design and coding. The role also requires you to be able to analyze and work with complex architectures. Our product’s requirements include compatibility with both internal and external clients, so knowledge of existing and emerging consumer technologies would be very useful. We expect the ideal candidate to work both independently as well as in collaboration with others on our team as well as with the development staff.
Basic Qualifications of Software Development Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- 2+ years professional experience in software development or experience working in QA, developing automated tests for web-based products.
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Ruby, C, C++ and an understanding of SQL
Software Development Engineer Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to identify real-world user problems and build technology solutions to solve them
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience working with RDBMS including MySQL or Oracle
- Experience working with service oriented architectures, Spring, Hibernate, Memcached, or similar technologies
- Experience with Ruby, Rails, and rapid web development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with and administration knowledge of Unix/Linux-based systems
- Familiarity with mobile development for iPhone, Android, and mobile web
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities including excellent judgment, relentlessly high standards, can dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drives innovation in their teams, invokes passion in others, can think big, and delivers results
In joining our team, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a creative and collaborative work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Development Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.