Gentiva Health Services for Hospice Registered Nurse in Miami, FL
Hospice Registered Nurse Gentiva Health Services
Odyssey Hospice, Inc. is the leader in hospice care, making a difference in the lives of terminally ill patients. Join the hospice team that touches so many. Besides a supportive environment where great works are acknowledged and celebrated, Odyssey employees enjoy competitive salaries, flexible schedules for many positions, and a range of excellent Full-Time benefits, including:
- PPO or HMO medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance with AD & D coverage
- Flexible spending accounts to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical care
- Optional life insurance
- Optional long-term disability coverage
- Short-term disability plan
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Generous PTO program with select holidays
- Employee recognition programs and an enjoyable work environment
A Registered Nurse, with advanced skills, employed by the Hospice for the purpose of enhancing the quality of care for a select group of terminally ill patients. Work in collaboration with the Patient Care Manager and the Interdisciplinary Team in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical and nursing care. Act as a role model providing leadership and support to the hospice staff. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner following the Company’s budgets. Travel as necessary.
Company’s Ideal Hospice Registered Nurse Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state program is located
- Bachelor’s degree and C.H.P.N. (Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse) certification preferred
- Minimum of one-year general nursing preferred with current Hospice, home health, medical, surgical or critical care experience. Experience with pain and symptom management interventions preferred.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in agreement with state and company’s requirements.
- Satisfactory references from employers and professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Physical exam under state law requirements.
- Good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health certification including a negative TB skin test and CXR and other tests as required by company’s policy and/or state law.
- Demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide accurate written documentation on time.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Hospice Registered Nurse and Nursing Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.