Nurse Job Description
- Delivers and coordinates care of patients within the Division of the Jill Roberts IBD Center;
- provides clinical support to faculty; assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient care;
- administers prescribed medications and treatments in agreement with nursing standards; provides direct outpatient care;
- evaluates the status of patients in emergency situations to determine care; manages various drugs, shots and lab tests;
- Contacts patients/physicians regarding test results;
- educates patients regarding treatment and therapies; observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians;
- dispenses medication as directed; Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness;
- records and documents patient infusion orders;
- assists in quality efforts to ensure infusion drug procurement and inventory control practices are maintained;
- instructs patients in collection of samples and tests;
- under direction from medical staff, discusses results with patients and takes appropriate action;
- assists with blood drawing and vital signs; updates patient charts in EPIC with laboratory and test results;
- develops and implements a comprehensive plan of care based on individual patient needs;
- posts tests and examination results maintains exam rooms for supplies and materials;
- performs other job-related duties as required.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in science and be a graduate of an approved school of nursing with current New York State registration/license IV Certification; ACLS or BCLS certification required; excellent organization and communication skills.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. Program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell’s triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College’s educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow’s leaders in the field of medicine.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Nursing Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.