Senior Accountant Job in Holtville, CA – Bornt & Sons, Inc.
Senior Accountant candidate applies principles of accounting to analyze payroll, sales, and cost information to enter or cause to be entered into the accounting records; prepare reports and compile data to help direct financial activities of the organization. Detail orientated is critical. Time and priority management is essential.
To perform this Senior Accountant job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills
Verbal and written competence to communicate effectively and efficiently is essential. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, California and Federal Industrial Wage Commission rules and regulations, and legal documents. Capable of responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, or employees. Ability to effectively present information to top management. Must speak both English and Spanish.
- Mathematical Skills
Must possess the capacity to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Possess the skill to communicate with vendors, customers, buyers and contractors a must.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid California Driver’s License. Participate in all training exercises needed to perform the job satisfactorily. A drug and alcohol screening are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to drive between worksites.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE of Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Active CPA license preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
Compiles and evaluates source information to prepare and perform entries to accounts and profit centers for multiple companies.
B . Responsible for ensuring compliance of standard practices and following internal
- Extract and compile reports using various programs including but not limited to QuickBooks, Excel, File Maker Pro and RTA. Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred. Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook. File Maker Pro experience is a plus.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Has a full working knowledge of all elements regarding a chart of accounts, cost accounting and profit centers. Must possess an understanding of debits, credits, assets, liabilities and profit/loss accounts.
- Senior Accountant able to enter journal entries into the accounting software, ensuring that appropriate backup for the journal entry made is attached.
- Provides reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information as requested by a management team.
- Answer phones, receive messages and relay messages appropriately.
- Field accounting and processing on plantings, fertilizer, chemicals, seed, irrigation and fuel usage.
- May prepare regulatory reports as required.
- Assist other staff members, reflecting a team effort and ability to work with all employees on a professional level.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Understands the inventory process in order to track inventory. Competent in taking physical inventories. Responsible for investigating discrepancies and correct inventory balances as directed.
- Excellent time management talent is necessary with a capability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail skills is critical.
- Must be able to work independently.
- May be required to perform additional tasks not listed here that are within reasonable abilities.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Employee Handbook.
- Punctual and proactive in getting necessary work done.
- Maintain regular attendance with a flexible schedule.
- Keep sensitive information confidential.
- Work closely with labor contractors, vendors, customers and staff in a professional manner
- Employee Date
SPECIFIC TASKS Senior Accountant include the following, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in the monthly inventory process, including counting the physical inventory as well as entering it into Quickbooks. Work closely with the Operations Management to understand variances.
- Work throughout the month with (fertilizer, pest controls, seed, job tickets, irrigation records, recommendations, planting records) to ensure that all costs are getting transferred properly to the correct fields
- Run the AP weekly to determine which checks need to get paid. Let the Office Manager know when the checks are ready to be printed.
- Check the bills entered into AP to ensure accuracy.
- Review the AP process to ensure that bills are getting paid on time (no late fees), we are getting the discounts when available, item receipts are getting converted to bills (not sitting and aging indefinitely), bills are getting paid to the correct GL account and Class, and that billing and bill payment are following the correct processes.
- Perform periodic audits on Balance Sheet accounts
- Create the Partner billing once per month for all Partners. Work with the AR Accounting Assistant to ensure the accuracy of the bill and that all of the appropriate backup for the bill is ready. Ensure Final Partner billing for the season is complete with 8 weeks of the final harvest date.
Job Title Senior Accountant
Location Holtville, CA
Job Type Full-time
Required experience accounting 3 years
Reports To Vice President of Finance
<<< To Apply Senior Accountant >>>
To more Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE