Bank of the West: Senior Software Engineer – San Ramon, CA
The Senior Software Engineer qualified and the motivated candidate selected for this position will be responsible for researching and writing technical specifications including problem definition according to IT Development Standards. Code, tests, debugs documents and maintains programs. Carries out assignments and provides technical guidance to junior members of the unit when requested. Designs systems and writes user procedures. User contact includes system definition, system design, problem resolution, and providing status. Supports major applications with major complexity and scope. May manage multiple projects with multiple cross impact areas.
Senior Software Engineer Job Description: What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135-year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports major/critical applications, revising, updating and providing documentation as required.
- Leads execute or participate in parallel, pilot and other system test phases prior to implementation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Researches, prepares detailed specifications, defines designs, develops tests, debugs, installs, and modifies computer software in various platforms in a complex and integrated systems environment.
- Develops and documents project plans, budgets and schedules.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services. Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
- Researches new developments in hardware and software. Maintains currency in techniques and tools enabling system proficiencies and performance improvements.
- Evaluates and recommends various technical solutions to meet requirements. Develops proposals including systems, consulting services, benefits, and costs. Provides system configurations and interface strategies.
- Performs systems integration testing and user acceptance testing as required by software development lifecycle.
- Manages multiple projects and may lead project teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- Professional Required Experience:
- 7-10 years information technology experience.
- Field of Experience:
- Requires an expert understanding of application systems
- Hands-on development with expertise in application architecture, Java technologies, and database technologies
- Ability to debate/discuss with Architecture teams in terms of proposed architecture and ensure the proposed architecture is practical in terms of delivery, skills, and meeting business needs
- Ability to break the deliverables into multiple small pieces and track them and act as the gate keeper by keeping stakeholders informed on the status of the project
- Core Java and Spring framework a must
- Ability to analyze, develop and implement complex programming solutions necessary
- Proven experience in building web services is required
- Proven experience in Java ETL frameworks will be a big plus
- Proven experience in Rule Engines also a big plus
- Proficiency Scale:
- Proficient: Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Clearly conveys information and ideas and listens and responds appropriately to customers, external contacts, and individuals throughout BOW.
- Proficient: Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts, and individuals throughout BOW.
- Proficient: Understands and use BOW software, hardware, and technology. Ability to operate required office equipment.
- Proficient: Draws information and broad knowledge to make a timely and logical decision that provides practical solutions for customers and others.
- Proficient: Responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures.
- Proficient: Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, motivates self to get the job done, performs job duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas, and feedback to improve effectiveness, and holds self-accountable for following policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Basic: Possesses managerial interest and a leadership orientation.
Job Title Senior Software Engineer
Primary Location United States-California-San Ramon
<<< To Apply Senior Software Engineer, Senior I >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE