Staff Accountant job for GUESS
Staff accountant primarily help meet the individualized accounting needs of their employers. Depending on the position, this may mean that some staff accountants perform mostly bookkeeping duties,…
5,005 Staff Accountant jobs were available on Indeed.com. Apply to Staff Accountant, Junior Staff Accountant, and more!
A Staff Accountant is an important position in many large businesses and aids in preparing financial forms and statements on behalf of the company. In addition to this, analyzes financial information and informs management of the best practices in the field of accounting. They are valuable additions to the accounting and finance department as they have formal …
Staff accountants are hired by businesses to do bookkeeping, organize financial records and perform the calculations required to file taxes. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is generally required to land a job in the business, and some employers prefer candidates who are working on becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
How do you become a staff accountant?
Most employers require staff accountants to hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. Coursework varies, depending on the school.
The steps to becoming a staff accountant are:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Get an internship
- Apply for an entry-level position and gain work experience
- Although not required, getting a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is beneficial
Staff accounts typically become CPAs 5-8 years after beginning their education. WHAT EDUCATION DO YOU NEED TO BECOME A STAFF ACCOUNTANT? Aspiring should earn a degree from an accredited college. Although no degree guarantees any specific position, a bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement for staff accountant roles.
How to become a Staff Accountant 1. Get the required education… Most companies require staff accountants to earn a bachelor’s degree in accounting. 2. Earn experience and training… Accountants need one or more years of work or internship experience. It’s important to… 3. Get a CPA credential.. …
When we researched the most common majors for a staff accountant, we found that the most commonly earn bachelor’s degree degrees or master’s degree degrees. Other degrees that we often see on resumes include associate degree degrees or high school diploma degrees.
You can become a staff accountant by earning a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business. Seek a part-time or full-time position in accounting, tax preparation, financial administration, or budget management to gain relevant experience. You may find that an accounting internship is a good way to get work experience.
What jobs can you get with an accountant?
You can work in different specialties of accounting. As your career progresses, you can choose to remain a staff accountant or work your way up to executive leadership positions. Among the most popular choices for careers with an accounting degree are public accountant, management accountant, and auditor.
Accounting or accountancy is the measurement, processing, and communication of financial and non-financial information about economic entities such as businesses and corporations. Accounting, which has been called the “language of business”, measures the results of an organization’s economic activities and conveys this information to a variety of users, including investors, creditors, management, and regulators. Practitioners of accounting are known as accountants. The terms “accounting” and “financial reporting” are often used as synonyms.
Staff Accountant – GUESS. INC.
Responsible for the complete month-to-month accounting cycle. Knowledge of accounting theory and practices as well as familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles. Able to identify, measure and communicate financial information about the company to the various interesting sector of the economy.
- Analyze transactions, events, and circumstances that caused changes in the companies assets, liabilities, and equity. Prepare general journal entries and provide a complete record of each transaction or other event that transpired in a given accounting period. Post to the ledger and prepare unadjusted trial balances which provide a listing of open accounts and balances. Prepare to adjust entries necessary to achieve proper matching of revenues and expenses when determining net income for the current period.
- Prepare accounting schedules that provide details for the general ledger account balances. Reconcile balance sheet accounts to the ledger making sure that all necessary general journal entries were made and posted during month-end closing. Account for any reconciling items that must be entered in the following accounting period.
- Analyze financial reports for both subsidiaries and parent companies. Review department expense reports.
- Verify the accuracy of data compiled and reflected on the reports.
- Assist Auditors in performing quarterly and annual audits by providing audit schedules that tie-up with the ledger accounts. Interact directly with external Auditors to provide answers and clarifications to any audit questions about a specific account.
- Audit ATM fund and perform Peoplesoft parallel testing.
<<< To apply Staff Accountant – GUESS. INC. >>>
To more Staff Accountant, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.