POSITION SUMMARY: The Staff Accountant will perform a variety of routine, as well as some non-routine, clerical and accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in the following areas: payroll, general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and compliance.
- Core Competencies:
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in accounting and finance fields, including US GAAP
- Proficient in MS Office, with exceptional skills in MS Excel
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll system
- Professional written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to build/maintain relationships
- Desired Competencies:
- Practical, hands-on knowledge of Quickbooks and NetSuite or other similar accounting software
- Exposure to Education industry
- Knowledge of ADP processing, experience with Paycor preferred
- Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- Three to five years in a professional accounting or finance environment
A workplace that values its people, invests in their development, and focuses on building and maintaining a culture of excellence, will return a high-performing team that is committed to the company and its mission. Orbis Education understands this relationship and when you join our team, you’ll be part of a company that is committed to your success, helping you develop a career path that allows you to grow as we grow. The good news is….WE ARE GROWING!
Orbis Education is transforming educational opportunities by partnering academic and healthcare organizations to provide innovative educational solutions. Making a difference in the lives of prospective students, our communities, and our world. Orbis Education is forging new ground with their educational partnerships. These partnerships recognize that the educational experience is enhanced by emerging technology, real-world work experience, and flexible learning environments. Every Orbis team member plays a key role in this transformation.
When you thrive, we thrive. Our core values of Quality, Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Performance, and Accountability support our commitment to a thriving culture. Orbis is transforming education, and we want you with us for the adventure. Become a member of our team and help us make a difference in the lives of our students and our communities.
OVERVIEW of STAFF ACCOUNTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks accuracy and completeness of finance and accounting documents
- Identifies discrepancies in procedures or documents and determines alternative courses of action
- Generates and audits invoice to customers and manages accounts receivable
- Responsible for processing accounts payable and for efficient and timely payment to vendors
- Classifies and codes daily accounting transactions to appropriate accounts
- Generates and maintains monthly financial records and reports
- Reconciles Balance Sheet accounts monthly
- Reviews company’s accounting and finance policies and procedures and ensures adherence throughout all departments
- Review and perform analysis of general ledger transactions and accounts
- Processes bimonthly payroll for 100+ employees
- Fixed asset management
- Assist in special projects as assigned
To apply >>> Staff Accountant Jobs
More Accountant Jobs please click hire