Exterran: Staff Accountant – International – Houston, TX
Staff Accountant definition he often has some of the responsibility, because he also often as an accountant for all departments of the office building. The role of the staff accountant is very important for a business finance because there can be a big problem if no competent accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- Three to five years of degree related working experience.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
- Calculates intercompany loan interest and expatriate payroll to complete monthly intercompany billings for the Netherlands legal entities.
- Responsible for all Accounting of our Netherlands and China legal entities.
- Determines proper treatment of financial transactions
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- Reviews investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in statutory financial entries, documents, and reports
- Prepare reconciliations of US GAAP balance sheet accounts and reviews statutory reconciliations to validate transactions
- Reconciliation of intercompany account balances
Preferred Skills/Experience: Progress towards achieving CPA certification
- Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC skills
- Proficient with email system; Microsoft Outlook preferred
- Proficient using computer-based accounting system; Oracle, Accpac, Essbase preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
- Must be able to work with other internal departments
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and equipment for oil and natural gas production, processing, and transportation applications. It operates in three primary business lines: contract operations, fabrication and aftermarket services. In its contract operations business line, the Company owns a fleet of natural gas compression equipment, and crude oil and natural gas production and processing equipment that it utilizes to provide operations services to its customers. In its fabrication business line, it fabricates and sells equipment that is similar to the equipment that it owns and utilizes to provide contract operations to its customers. In its aftermarket services business line, it sells parts and components and provides operations, maintenance, overhaul and reconfiguration services to customers who own compression, production, gas treating and oilfield power generation equipment.
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Holdings (NYSE: EXH) is a $2.7 billion publicly traded company with about 10,000 dedicated professionals working in more than 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent E&P and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.