SSM Health: School Teacher – St. Louis, MO
Job description of School Teacher is promotes the general academic, social and emotional development and well-being of individual pupils and groups in the hospital setting. The Education Specialist identifies and coordinates the educational needs of children referred within Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital including developing and facilitating educational programming and transition planning; participating in multidisciplinary treatment team programming; providing patient education; providing support and guidance for parents; and consulting with schools.
This School Teacher position provides consultation and expertise for inpatient and family consults, MDs, therapists, RNs, school teachers and administrators, and community resources. It serves as a resource for patients, families, and school personnel in developing Individual Education Plans (IEP) and 504 plans
- Position Requirements
- Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching
- Certification: Teacher: Elementary Education and /or Special Education
- Experience: 3 years minimum
- Department Specific: Inpatients primarily. May hold educational programs in the clinics.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Assesses educational needs of patients and families based on patient/family requests, staff and physician referrals, and students’ school functioning.
- Collaborates with public and private educational systems to obtain and communicate educational information and to arrange appropriate educational services and transition plans.
- Fosters a positive learning environment for patients through educational activities to meet individual needs and to promote academic achievement hospital-wide.
- Plans and develops curriculum that includes the development of resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies within a variety of curriculum areas and age ranges within the hospital setting.
- Completes timely and accurate patient care documentation within compliance standards.
- Collaborates effectively with other teachers on staff.
Full Job Title: Inpatient School Teacher, FT days- CGCH
Facility: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
About SSM Health
SSM Health Care (www.ssmhc.com) is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through one of the largest integrated delivery systems in the nation.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin, SSM includes 18 hospitals, more than 60 outpatient care sites, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, two nursing homes, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a technology company, and an Accountable Care Organization. With more than 1,300 employed physicians and nearly 30,000 employees in four states, SSM is one of the largest employers in every community it serves. An early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR), SSM is a national leader for the depth of its EHR integration. The addition of Dean Health System in 2013 brings the number of physician visits across SSM Health Care to 4 million annually.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Teacher Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.