UT University Charter School Teacher purpose is to provide students with learning activities and experiences to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enables students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. Exercises independent judgment and makes decisions with few guidelines.
- Knowledge of assigned subject or subjects.
- Understanding of TEKS and the curriculum standards of the State of Texas.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a non-traditional school setting with special needs students of varying abilities and interests.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in an inclusion setting.
- Proficiency in technology and technology applications to the level specified by the district.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Texas Special Education teaching certification EC-12.
- All positions at the university are security sensitive and a background check will be conducted on all new applicants hired.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Certified in 4th-8th plus special education.
- Comply with UT-UCS curriculum standards and all relevant policies and procedures (UT, UT-UCS, and campus).
- Implement each student’s IEP and 504 accommodations as stated.
- Understand the learning styles and needs of assigned students.
- Effectively plan and use appropriate instructional interventions, strategies, activities, materials, and equipment to add educational value for each student. (ESL, GT, at-risk, etc.)
- Conduct ongoing, formal, and informal assessment of student learning. Utilize data effectively to inform instruction.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior effectively and in accordance with the treatment plan if applicable, the Student Code of Conduct and the student handbook.
- Establish and maintain open communication with the principal, professional support personnel, teachers, facility staff, parents, and students.
- Participate in faculty meetings, committee meetings and staff development as required.
- Other related functions as assigned.
Job Title UT University Charter School Teacher
Hiring department University Charter Sch
Monthly salary $5,077 – $5,162+ depending on qualifications
Hours per week 40.00 Standard from 800AM to 500PM
Job Status Open
FLSA status Exempt
Earliest Start Date 02/03/2016
Position Duration Funding expected to continue
Position open to all applicants
Location Texas, not Austin
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Teacher Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.