Job Summary of Student Teacher Supervisor is a representative of Keuka College who is responsible for the supervision of the student teacher and serves as a liaison between the college and the personnel of the school district, promoting a positive relationship between the college and the school.
The task of the supervisor is to orient the student teacher and cooperating teacher to the student teaching program, to supervise the student teacher in becoming an effective teacher, to counsel the student teacher in developing her/his own philosophy, to encourage reflection on the student teaching experience, and to evaluate the student teacher.
- Master’s Degree in Education-related field
- Classroom Teaching experience
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Understand and behave with a high level of integrity and complete confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to be sensitive to and respond to needs/concerns of students, faculty, college staff and the public.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance for interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Occasional lifting of boxes, supplies, etc., generally less than 30lbs.
- Some evening and weekend hours required
- In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
- Weekly interaction with assigned student teacher(s) and cooperating teachers.
- Completion of supervisory tasks as outlined in Student Teacher Supervisor Handbook, including classroom observations, weekly written feedback, and assessment of student teacher(s)as specified.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in compliance with various institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times towards co-workers, internal and external customers, representing Keuka College, its programs, policies and procedures in a positive and professional manner. Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
- Attend provided/necessary training and other meetings to support the effectiveness of the position as required.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Keuka College mission, vision, and values and adhering to institutional policies.
- Maintain a high regard for student privacy in accordance with the FERPA privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
Position Title Student Teacher Supervisor
Job Type Staff
Location Keuka Park, NY
About Keuka College
Keuka College was founded in 1890 and is located on the shore of Keuka Lake in New York state’s Finger Lakes region. Keuka is a private, undergraduate and graduate, residential college that also offers bachelor’s degree completion and master’s degree programs through its Accelerated Studies for Adults Program and international programs in China and Vietnam.
Regardless of degree or location, Keuka graduates boast significant, real-world experience that impresses employers and graduate schools.
We provide a transformational liberal-arts based education, strengthened by experiential learning, which challenges students to develop their intellectual curiosity and to realize, with purpose and integrity, their full personal and professional potential.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Teacher Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research