American Assets Trust: Accounting Manager – San Diego, CA
AAT is currently looking for a proven Accounting Manager qualification to join our thriving company. Today, you will find American Assets properties in some of the nation’s premier markets-all characterized by exceptional locations, strong demographics, and robust tourism.
In addition to all this, AAT also provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k), Discretionary matching contributions
- 20 paid days off and at least 8 company paid holidays
- EAP and Pre-Paid Legal services
- Company-paid long-term disability
- Free, 24-hour gym on premises
- On-site amenities: gourmet café, dry cleaning services, yoga classes, massage therapy and more…
What We Do…
American Assets Trust is a full service vertically integrated and self-administered real estate investment trust or REIT, that owns, operates, acquires and develops high quality retail and office properties in attractive, high-barrier-to-entry markets primarily in Southern California, Northern California and Hawaii.
American Assets Trust (AAT) was formed to succeed to the real estate business of American Assets Inc., a private help corporation founded in 1967 and, as such, has significant experience, long-standing relationships and extensive knowledge of our core markets, submarkets and asset classes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review Journal Entries, Accruals, Reserves and various balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review Lease accounting and draft memos
- Management of the month ends close process for assigned real estate properties
- Review and approve monthly financial statements and flux analysis for assigned properties
- Prepare audit schedules and answers inquiries from the Auditor and Senior Management
- Review and monitor the work of the accounting team
- Ensure monthly and quarterly closes are completed timely in accordance with accounting procedures in support of corporate, SOX and audit reporting requirements
- Review and update various accounting processes in support of SOX controls
- Manage staff including hiring, motivating, performance management, training, and development
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures
- Assist in ad hoc projects
- Assist in supervising 8-9 Project Accountants.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license required
- 6+ years progressive accounting experience, 2+ years’ experience supervising and managing employees
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Real Estate experience preferred
- MRI accounting software preferred
- Public company experience preferred.
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
For over 40 years, American Assets has been acquiring, improving and developing premier retail, office and residential properties with the philosophy that a unique location creates a unique opportunity for success.
Now is the time to improve your career with new opportunities at our San Diego Home Office and turn our past and current success into your personal success.
To apply >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=5bac2098a153dd7d
more accountant qualification job >>> click hire