Software engineering is the systematic application of engineering approaches to the development of software. Notable definitions include the systematic application of scientific and technological knowledge, methods, and experience to the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of software.
Software engineering treats the approach to developing software as a formal process much like that found in traditional engineering. Software engineers begin by analyzing user needs. They design software, deploy, test it for quality and maintain it. They instruct computer programmers how to write the code they need. Software engineers may or may not write any of the code themselves.
Software engineering is defined as a process of analyzing user requirements and then designing, building, and testing software application which will satisfy those requirements. Let’s look at the various definitions of software engineering: IEEE, in its standard 610.12-1990, defines software engineering as the application of a systematic, disciplined, which is a computable approach for the development, operation, and maintenance of software.
Software engineering is an evolving engineering discipline. It deals with systematic approaches to building large software systems by teams of programmers.
Software engineering is an engineering branch associated with the development of software products using well-defined scientific principles, methods, and procedures. The outcome of software engineering is an efficient and reliable software product. Software project management has a wider scope than the software engineering process as it involves communication, …
Software engineering is a branch of computer science that includes the development and building of computer systems software and applications software. Computer systems software is composed of programs that include computing utilities and operations systems.
Software Engineering Immersive Resident Job in Galvanize Inc.
Full Job Description
Operation Level Up is a program for active-duty soldiers at Ft Hood who are excited for the opportunity to learn to code as they transition out of the military and into careers in tech. In 18 weeks, we transform ambitious amateurs into coding professionals.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working, and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
What We’re Looking For
- Passion for education and the opportunity to support transitioning service men and women
- Skilled and engaging facilitator/lecturer
- A can-do attitude and a sense of humor
- Willing, humble, and talented teammate, eager to jump in and help wherever needed
- Displays outstanding leadership and follower-ship, and good judgment at all times.
Salary $22.50 an hour
Job Type Part-time, Remote
What You’ll Do
Specific job responsibilities may differ from resident to resident, but below are some of the most common:
- Conduct technical interviews for prospective students
- Work with incoming students as a technical point of contact during their pre-course work
- Support students and alumni in whiteboarding and mock interview practice
- Oversee Daily Stand-ups and Retros, ensuring that student work is productive and
- Keep a pulse on student progress, escalate concerns to instructional staff, and assist in triaging student difficulties
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, we have two particular roles available:
- Ft Hood Morning Kick-Off (AM): Leads Toy Problem and Whiteboarding content, teaching students about algorithms and problem-solving approaches, and offers supportive progress throughout the course. Conducts one on one office hours with struggling students to fill in gaps of knowledge and convey core concepts.
- Ft Hood Evening Wrap-Up (PM): Hosts Review Groups and Sunday workshops for new and current students. Offers feedback, answers questions, and supports all students preparing for the course. Conducts one on one office hours with struggling students to fill in gaps of knowledge and convey core concepts.
- This remote role pays $22.50/Hr.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
<<< To apply for Software Engineering Immersive Resident Job in Galvanize Inc. >>>
To more Software Engineering, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.