Unisource Worldwide for Accountant in Norcross, GA
The Accountant is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate financial reporting for Unisource Worldwide, Inc. (UWW) in accordance with GAAP. The Accountant will develop and monitor compliance with accounting policies of Unisource Worldwide, Inc. and provide accounting guidance to Finance Managers to ensure accuracy in reporting and compliance with GAAP and UWW accounting policy.
The Accountant will be responsible for general ledger journal entries, month end close procedures, and analyzing balances in accounts for appropriateness. The Accountant will perform account reconciliations and will be relied on to have detailed knowledge of all general ledger accounts and their contents. The Accountant will meet all scheduled monthly financial reporting deadlines, manage the monthly journal entry and expense accrual process, and provide accurate and timely analysis and research as needed.
- Perform journal entries on accounts consistent with US GAAP principles
- Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations, accruals, and other necessary adjusting journal entries as directed
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements
- Assist with the year-end external audit
- Review financial results for completeness
- Prepare various reports prior to closing the ledger to aid in identifying negative balances and missed accruals
- Prepare the monthly Balance Sheet variance report
- Assist in organizing and managing Accounting Department information for the annual external audits
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Solid analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present clear and well documented findings and recommendations
- Technically proficient in GAAP and proven transactional accounting skills
- BS in Accounting (Preferred: Masters Degree in Accounting)
- Public accounting experience in a Big 4 highly desired
- 2-5 years of relevant, progressive accounting experience
- Financial systems reporting experience in the design and maintenance of operational and financial reports
Job Location : NORCROSS, GA, US.
To apply : http://tinyurl.com/3896wzh
More accountant job >>> click hire