The Pasha Group for Accountant in National City, CA
By admin On 5 March 2020 In Accountant | No Comments
Accountant Job Functions
- Prepare and maintain general ledger revenue, expense and cost account schedules
- Analyze invoices for accuracy and approval based on Finance Policies and Procedures
- Accurately maintain Pasha’s billing database
- Responsible for month-end close process, including adjusting journal entries and accruals
- Review and verify the accuracy of account balances and classifications. Analyze changes in account balances and make recommendations to correct errors as appropriate.
- Identify process and control improvement opportunities and work with the manager to implement appropriate modifications
- Execute a variety of financial reports to communicate results, trends, and issues to manager.
- Work under supervision, managing conflicting deadlines and priorities as assigned. Quickly adapt to changing priorities, managing and clearly communicating deadline risks as new tasks and project arise.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- An accountant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Bachelor’s degree with related accounting & finance experience
- 2+ years of related accounting experience
- Strong worksheet preparation experience
- Experience with cost accounting relating to price models
- Experience with labor variance analysis
- Competency in G/L accounting procedures, including a thorough understanding of GAAP
- Some exposure to industry-specific accounting solutions and best practices
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Good organization and multitasking skills for a large volume of data
- Maintain confidentiality with tact and discretion
- Work well under deadlines and fast-paced monthly financial closes
- Ability to prioritize project demands from internal and external customers
- Intermediate keyboarding and 10-key by touch skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products at the following levels: Excel: Intermediate to advanced level of skill, Word, Outlook: Basic level of skill
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and have the ability to lift 20 lbs
Must be able to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
Background Checks: Pre-Employment
Credit Checks: Pre-Employment
Drug Testing: Pre-Employment & Random Selection
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
The Pasha Group is an equal opportunity employer
Jobs from Indeed