Terre Haute Regional Hospital: Registered Nurse Clinical Decision Unit FT Nights – Terre Haute, IN
The Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Decision Unit – Full Nights provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of seriously and critically ill patients, in support of HCA ethical principles and values. This includes continuous observation and frequent measurements of relevant indicators of clinical conditions and outcomes. Nurses will provide direct access to patients for major procedures and therapies, including resuscitation.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute, IN is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. We were recently named one of the nation’s top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission. Regional Hospital is an organization dedicated to its Mission, Values and Vision and is committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. Terre Haute Regional Hospital looks forward to continuing to serve its friends and neighbors and growing with the community. We’re more than a hospital, we’re a family!
The RN-CDU (Registered Nurse Clinical Decision Unit) will consistently maintain competencies in hemodynamic monitoring, dysrhythmia recognition, ventilator management, and other evolving techniques as they are developed.
Registered Nurse Clinical Decision Unit Responsibilities:
- Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem-solving skills and exhibiting good judgment. The nurse collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- Assists physician during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to the physician on patient condition changes.
- Expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
- Will always recognize and be cognizant of the impact that a serious illness projects upon a patient and their family.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provide required supervision.
The Nurse works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluates patient’s signs and symptoms; then records and reports results.
- Patient Rights – will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety – demonstrates the commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required) BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Current Registered Nurse License in Indiana American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required) ACLS certification (preferred)
1-2 years of experience as an RN with demonstrated competency in critical care skills (preferred)
Job Title Registered Nurse Clinical Decision Unit FT Nights
Location Terre Haute, IN
Must be experience
Job type Full-time
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Nurse Jobs, please CLICK HIRE