HEALTHSOUTH CORPORATION for Home Health – Registered Nurse in Sunrise, FL
Registered Nurse Job Description
The Therapy Technician assists rehabilitation nurses and therapists with rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional, and federal regulations and guidelines.
Also, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in assisting therapists and nurses with daily care and patient therapy as delegated.
- Communicates to nurses and therapists on weak performance, condition, and participation during delegated patient care activities.
- Defers any information requests from physicians, patients, visitors, etc. regarding the patient’s condition, diagnosis, prognosis, progress, plan of care, or discharge plan to nurses or therapists.
The Therapy Technician creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan, and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnoses such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become better is critical to our success – You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full-time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and medical staff; and we offer educational benefits if you are interested in continuing your education.
License or Certification:
- CPR Certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training, and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent was preferred.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and pulling is undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Primary Location: Texas-Sugar Land-Sugarland
Job: Nursing Assistant (Registered Nurse)
Employee Status: Regular
To apply for Registered Nurse Job: http://tinyurl.com/5wq78g2