Registered Nurse Job Description
Registered Nurse- Night 12 Hour Shifts available. At HealthSouth, the role of a Registered Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, and supervision. The Registered Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients, and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of attention.
The Registered Nurse is also responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients
- Supervising care, treatment, and services of patient care provided by LPNs, RNTs/CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
- Assessment and reassessment of patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to the supervisor and/or physician promptly
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to the patient’s needs and is reflective of the patient’s goals
Benefits of Registered Nurse
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
What types of patients will you care for? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our nurses can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients with a variety of diagnoses such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success – You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full-time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your discipline.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred
Education, Training, and Years of Experience:
- One year of experience in an inpatient hospital setting preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred (Critical care experience preferred for LTACHs)
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 lbs, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Primary Location: Florida-Sarasota-Sarasota
Job: Registered Nurses
Employee Status: Regular
To apply for Registered Nurse Job: http://tinyurl.com/6xhoygw