Staff Nurse as Dermatology Job inWashington University – St. Louis, MO
This staff nurse position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Dermatology. This position is for the Medical School Campus. Position provides direct patient care and education for patients receiving treatment, examinations, surgeries, etc., in medical office according to established procedures.
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating a plan of patient care.
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patients/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information.
- Consults with members of the health care team, adjusting nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists the health care provider with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Maintains required skills and competencies and participates in educational programs, staff meetings, and in services such as CPR as requited.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nurse Salary Range: The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
A graduate of an accredited nursing program. Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification.
- One year of related medical experience.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with an ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and ability to function in new and emergent situations.
- Mus function withing the nursing scope of practice.
- Serves and protects the clinical practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
About Washington University in St. Louis
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The School is consistently ranked among the top medical schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and is known nationally and internationally for the quality of its students, faculty, staff members and alumni.
The school’s long tradition of successful interactions between scientists and clinicians brings the latest knowledge to the bedside, influences the direction of basic research and drives the search for applications of new discoveries.
The School offers challenging and rewarding employment opportunities in its pursuit to fulfill its commitment and mission of excellence in patient care, research and education.
To apply Staff Nurse as Dermatology Job, please go to Indeed.com