This position will be responsible for general financial accounting duties, including but not limited to:
- Preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations,
- Identification and reconciliation of intercompany transactions,
- Analysis of trended balance sheets and income statements,
- Preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules,
- Ad-hoc requests, and
- Coordination and collaboration with other members of the financial reporting team, as well as members of multiple Rooms To Go departments.
This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager, but will work with all levels of management within the Rooms To Go family.
We are currently looking to add a staff accountant to our team. This person will serve as a key member of the Financial Reporting Team at Rooms To Go. This is a great opportunity to get in at the corporate headquarters with a growing, financially sound company in a great industry and have access to all levels of management!
In order to be considered as a candidate for this position, you must have the following requirements:
- A BA/BS in Accounting from a state university (i.e., FSU, UF, USF, UCF) or from a well-respected private university, with preference given to CPA or CPA eligibility,
- 1-2 years of relevant experience, (may include internships),
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, organizations skills, integrity, ingenuity, and initiative,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, as well as the flexibility to work the hours necessary to meet deadlines (not excessive, but month-end and year-end, could be 45-50-hour weeks),
- Intermediate Excel skills (some experience with pivots, v-lookups, etc., is preferred),
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as the ability to work autonomously,
- Ability to recognize issues and present possible solutions,
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, and
- Must possess a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.
- If this position describes you, then come talk to us!
As a full-time employee, great health insurance can be as low at $8/week, and for a family, as little as $51/week. Other benefits include vision, dental, flexible spending, paid vacations, personal time and holidays, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, legal insurance, and more.
The 401(k) savings plan includes a Rooms To Go matching contribution to help you save for your future and plan for your retirement. Discounts on Rooms To Go purchases are offered for all associates and immediate family members.
To apply Corporate Staff Accountant job please go to Indeed.com