Richmond Public Schools: Literacy Coach -Title I Reading (Grant Funded) – Richmond, VA
Richmond Public Schools seek for teacher job as Literacy Coach –Title I Reading (Grant Funded). General definition and condition of work are Performs professional and administrative work planning, monitoring and supervising Title I reading programs, activities, and staff. Supervision is exercised over Title I teachers. Work requires frequent standing, sitting, walking and light lifting up to 10 pounds. Effective verbal and written communication skills for expressing or exchanging ideas, hearing to perceive information at a normal spoken word level and visual acuity for preparing and analyzing written or computer data.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATION of Teacher Job:
- Provides technical assistance, training and professional development for elementary teachers in the area of reading.
- Monitors and supervises Title I reading programs, remediation and intervention activities.
- Assists teachers in planning, sequencing, and implementing strategies that support reading instruction.
- Provides ongoing staff development and technical assistance for teachers and instructional assistants in various skill areas to improve the delivery of reading instruction and increase reading performance.
- Observes, models and coaches classroom teachers for the purpose of improving literacy instruction and promoting a school-based professional learning community.
- Assesses the needs and skills of teachers and leads on-going and job-embedded professional development.
- Provides administrative support for the EIRI program and monitors PALs tutors.
- Prepares presentations, materials and handouts for staff development and training.
- Distributes appropriate curriculum materials and resources to teachers as needed.
- Assists with maintaining accurate and current inventory record for documentation and Title I compliance.
- Assists in administering and evaluating a variety of standardized and informal assessment measures used to implement the division’s reading program.
- Assists with improvement initiatives for Title I schools.
- Provides information related to literacy (including reading strategies across content areas, reading and writing skills, pedagogy and interpretation of assessment results).
- Maintains communication with parents and provides them with information and materials for home use.
- Maintains a log of local and out-of-town travel and documentation for compliance.
- May support after-school and extended day programs as it relates to remediation in reading.
- Knowledgeable of data analysis, using data to inform instruction and preparing data reports.
- Attends local, state, and national conferences for educational and professional growth opportunities.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- Postgraduate professional license with an endorsement in reading and a minimum of three years recent successful experience as a supervisor or lead teacher in reading.
- Excellent oral and written communication, public relations, and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to provide instructional leadership and management of division’s elementary reading programs and achieve high levels of student performance across grade levels.
- Knowledgeable of current research and best practices in the area of reading and able to help teachers create an environment of literacy that supports effective instruction across content areas.
- Experience with administration of reading assessments, data analysis and using data to inform instruction and monitor student progress.
- Must be able to facilitate teams and work cooperatively with teachers, administrators, parents and community partners.
- Must have extensive knowledge of early childhood and elementary reading strategies, reading resources and technology.
- Excellent coaching, problem-solving and experience providing professional development and technical assistance to teachers.
- Familiar with strategies and skills related to the Virginia Standards of Learning and how curriculum may be organized to teach these standards to diverse learners.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of the elementary curriculum and integration of reading across all content areas.
<<< follow the link to apply for teacher job >>>
If you need more teacher jobs please CLICK HIRE