This is science teacher job from Aspire East Palo Alto Phoenix Academy. Teacher job description is Provides a high-quality, personalized education program in Science for students in Secondary Grades. Upholds the mission and values established by Aspire Public Schools.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Knowledge of subject matter, including California State Standards and subject-specific frameworks
- Knowledge of assessments
- Ability and willingness to implement Aspire Instructional Guidelines and Best Practices
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community
- Computer and the internet search skills
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid California Single Subject Teaching Credential: Biological Sciences and Chemistry required
- English Language Learner Authorization required
- NCLB Highly Qualified
- 1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with California State Standards and Aspire Instructional Guidelines.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve instructional practices throughout the school; share best practices.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families about classroom activities and student progress.
- Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education.
- Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with lead teachers, principal, and instructional coaches.
- Maintain accurate student records including attendance.
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Aspire Public Schools.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Detail Teacher Job
- Title: Biology & Chemistry Teacher
- Job Type: Regular
- Part Time: No
- School Year: Immediate
- School/Location: Aspire East Palo Alto Phoenix Academy
- City: East Palo Alto
To apply Science Teacher Job get it on Indeed.com