Job Summary of Instructional Coach Teacher Elementary:
- Adapt teaching methods to meet the needs of students during direct instruction.
- Work with staff to implement a coherent curriculum aligned with district, state and national standards.
- Promote a use of the consistent instructional framework and research-based instructional strategies, including developing/monitoring grade level Essential Outcomes.
- Help build assessment systems that are aligned with curriculum and instruction priorities.
- Model instructional strategies with teachers and staff in classrooms.
- Make regular classroom visits to support instructional improvement.
- Provide feedback to teachers and staff regarding instruction and implementation issues.
- Work collaboratively with teachers and administrator(s) to focus on a reflective dialog that drives instructional decisions and improves student achievement.
- Assist staff in securing, analyzing and interpreting data for promoting instructional improvement and student learning.
- Perform other related work as required.
- WORK DAY/YEAR: Two full-time (1.0 FTE) Elementary Instructional Coach Teaching positions available for the 2015-2016 school year.
- SALARY: Based on a level of education and full years of licensed teaching experience.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools has the seventh largest enrollment in Minnesota with 16,800 K-12 students with a District goal to diversify its workforce. The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent. Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 106,700+ and twice voted “The Best Place to Live in America” by Money magazine. Rochester is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world. Competitive salary and benefits provided.
To apply Instructional Coach Teacher Elementary Job in Rochester, MN get on Indeed.com