Jewish Child and Family Services: School Health Nurse – Chicago, IL
Jewish Child and Family Services – JCFS is looking to hire a School Health Nurse (number of hours vary, but average 23.5 per week over a year), to provide services to youth within our Therapeutic Day School located in West Rogers Park. A typical day was to meet with administrative school staff (teacher’s, teacher’s aides, principal, social workers, to address crisis management of incidents throughout the day. Excellent coworkers who exhibited professional standards of practice for this population of students. Most enjoyable was to be part of the process in assisting students to reach their full potential.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred
- Experience with school health preferred, IL Type 73 preferable but not required
- Registered Nurse Licensure, Illinois.
- BLS or CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required
- Prior professional nursing experience, preferably pediatric, adolescent, community, or mental health nursing
- Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology, experience with
- CPS documentation systems such as IMPACT and Max Capture is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus.
- This position is designated a Qualified Mental Health Professional under Medicaid Rule 132.
- Provides and/or delegates direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff including nursing assessment, identifying health problems, making referrals for diagnosis and treatment, recommending educational modifications, providing follow-up and evaluation, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Manages school health records in accordance with Illinois School Student Records Act, providing efficient retrieval of information and other related archival responsibilities.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the care of students in special education programs. Writes the health component of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) as indicated.
- Maintains documentation of IEP minutes in CPS Max Capture application. Submits feedback into IEP report cards via IMPACT software.
- Recommends modifications of the school program for students who require accommodations due to a health deficit.
- Develops and maintains current health care plans for students who need special nursing interventions during the school day.
- Provide training and in-service to agency staff and caregivers to increase awareness of physical health and safety factors that result in the promotion of health and prevention of injury.
- Assist and/or provide coordination of client’s health care. Communicate with providers and parents or guardians and assist with client appointments. This includes advocating for clients as well as encouraging and fostering independence for clients and caregivers.
- Medication administration for students, and updating medication profiles and communicating changes to the interdisciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The services and programs of JCFS are as diverse as the people who benefit from them. Our programs include care for abused and neglected youth; therapy for children and adults; support for people with disabilities and their families; respite care; special education; general counseling and more. From inclusive summer camps for children with disabilities to grief counseling for adults, to support for families adopting children, there are a number of ways that JCFS can help families.
Our talented and diverse workforce helps children and their families regardless of religion, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ability, gender, sex or sexual orientation.
<<< Apply School Health Nurse Job >>>
To more nurse jobs please CLICK HIRE