Raymond James: Financial Advisor Trainee Branch Referred Only – Tampa, FL
Job Description: In conjunction with a Mentor, Branch Manager, and/or a team of Financial Advisors, learns to build an individual practice to serve as an advisor to clients, providing sound financial advice and counsel consistent with the client’s objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance. Meet production targets that impact overall company revenue goals. Through various training mechanisms including a combination of distance learning, education sessions at the home office, and senior advisor mentoring, gain knowledge of developing a client base, cultivating relations, collaborating with peers and key stakeholders, creating investment plans and recommending investments. Balances new client development, sales activities, investment management, customer service and compliance with personal/professional growth and development in order to fulfill the requirements of the AMP Program.
- Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Basic principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies, and compliance guidelines.
- Operating client relationship manager system and other required software applications to produce financial plans, correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
- Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment to run an optimal practice.
- Continuously learn investment products, industry rules and regulations, and financial planning.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.• Articulate reasons behind decisions.
- Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Network in the community, effectively market him or herself and Raymond James
- Persevere and handle rejection and show resilience during the prospecting and networking process.
- Demonstrate persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations.
- Effectively communicate portfolio losses while preserving client loyalty.
- Provide a high level of client service.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year College or university preferred, and a minimum of four (4) years working experience, including sales (preferably intangible) or business experience demonstrating achievement preferred.~or~
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
- Series 7 & 66 or the ability to obtain within 6 months from start of program.
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity or ability to obtain within 6 months from start of program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Become trained and skilled to effectively and efficiently function in the Financial Advisor role:
- Develop client pipeline by prospecting, networking, community involvement, centers of influence and developing niches.
- Manage full scope of client relationship by evaluating client financial needs, investment opportunities, current holdings and available investment capital and help them identify their investment objectives.
- Recommends investment products, solutions, and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on predetermined client needs, time horizons, risk profile, and preferences.
- Seeks expertise of internal resources to identify investment opportunities and solutions for clients,
- Develops a book of business consistent with AMP program goals for assets under management and required production.
- Opens, transfers, and closes customer accounts and maintains appropriate account records.
- Explains the organization, participants, and functions of various securities markets and the principal factors that affect them.
- Obtains and verifies the customer’s purchase and sale instructions, enters orders, and follows up on completion of transactions.
- Monitors the customer’s portfolio and makes recommendations consistent with changes in economic and financial conditions as well as the customer’s needs and objectives, taking newly offered investments into consideration.
- Completes required program training and assignments, obtaining mandatory industry licenses within prescribed timeframes, mastering assessments and meeting minimum performance and production standards.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply Financial Advisor Trainee >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=9d30c66bc2c779c8