A CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) is a registered nurse and advanced practice nurse who works in collaboration with anesthesiologists, surgeons and other physicians and medical professionals to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
This is your moment to join one of the areas most recognized leaders in ophthalmology and optometry. We are a nationally recognized leader in EMR and technology with an excellent clinical support team and dynamic leadership.
A certified registered nurse anesthetist cares for a patient before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery by performing a patient assessment, preparing the patient for anesthesia, administering and controlling the anesthesia to guarantee proper sedation and pain management, supervising patient recovery from anesthesia and caring for the patient’s immediate post-operative needs.
Qualifications of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist:
- Includes current state licensure as a registered nurse in the state of practice and complies with any applicable state statutory or regulatory requirements concerning advanced practice registered nursing
- A graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor.
- Complies with one of the following requirements regarding certification eligibility, initial certification, or recertification:
- Meets criteria above, and is awaiting initial certification (some states limit this period)
- Is currently certified by the Council on Certification of Nurses Anesthetists or its predecessor
- Is now recertified by the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by this institution or state.emonstrates current competency in the clinical responsibilities for which the candidate is applying.
Specific CRNA duties and responsibilities may include:
- Reviewing medical history, evaluating patients and determining proper methods of anesthesia
- Accurately measuring and monitoring the level and speed at which anesthesia is administered
- Monitoring patient’s vital signs to ensure safety
- Informing the surgeon if a patient becomes unstable
- Attending to patient’s needs before, during and after surgery
- Overseeing patient recovery from anesthesia
In Turn, We Will Provide:
- Benefits to full-time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401K and short and long term disability if working consistently over 30 hours per week.
- The company paid life insurance.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Paid parking.
- Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected.
- Clear career ladder opportunities.
Job Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Category: Madison Street Surgery Center
Job Locations: US-CO-Denver
Type: Regular Part-Time
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Nursing Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.