Leviton is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant that will have hands-on involvement in all areas of tax for Leviton. This position’s primary concentration will be the preparation of federal and state returns, tax research, the oversight of the sales and use tax process and review of returns, analysis of tax account and accruals as well as the opportunity to be involved in the overall global tax strategy planning. Leviton Manufacturing Co, Inc. is an international manufacturer with manufacturing facilities in the US, China, Mexico, and the UK and sales offices throughout the world. Leviton continues to grow both organically and through acquisitions resulting in an increasingly complex tax environment.
Leviton has identified data center infrastructure and lighting energy management as key areas for growth. The company has added offices in China, India, Dubai, and South Korea, among other countries, to facilitate international sales. While the company manufactures products in the US, Mexico, and China, it sells products in more than 80 countries around the globe. Since 1929 the company’s acquisitions have opened new routes to electric, insulated wire, and lighting control markets. Its purchases include American Insulated Wire, ControlThink, Deal Electric, East Coast Electrical Systems, Meteor Electric, Macro Lighting Controls, and NSI/Colortran.
Education & Experience:
- A four-year Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- A minimum of five to seven years of prior accounting experience is necessary
- Must have strong Excel or other spreadsheet skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and exercise proper judgment
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must possess strong skills in both oral and written communication
- Must have the capacity to work with all levels of employees throughout the Corporation, from the lowest levels up to executive management
- Must have the ability to summarize and present information and findings clearly and concisely
- Prepare federal and state income tax return, including all required forms and statements
- Prepare, review, analyze book to tax differences
- Review monthly state sales & use tax returns including Washington B&O tax return
- Review, analyze use tax accrual accounts, ensuring their accuracy, reconcile differences
- Analyze various tax balance sheet accounts, ensuring their accuracy
- Review, analyze invoice on hold report for tax discrepancies, research tax issues, work with accounts payable to resolve
- Oversee accounts payable and purchasing personnel with issuance of tax exemption and resale certificates Provide training for primary taxability questions and use of tax matrix
Perform various special projects and analyses, as required
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Title Senior Tax Accountant
Location Melville, NY 11747 US (Primary)
Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type Full-time
Education Bachelor’s Degree
<<< To Apply Senior Tax Accountant >>>
To more Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.