Job Summary: ChristHospital, a leading provider of quality healthcare, currently has the following position available: Clinical Nurse Educator, ICU
The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) is the resource and educator for the nursing unit, responsible for supporting and assisting in the delivery and development of quality patient care and professional nursing practice. Working alongside an interdisciplinary team, the CNE will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating orientation, training and continuing education activities for the staff. Clinical Nurse Educator encompasses many ways to teach and direct learning.role offers countless ways to impact nursing care.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include:
- Collaborates with hospital managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competency gaps.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs.
- Facilitates a variety of learning experiences using a range of instructional methods.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of healthcare standards and regulations in order to meet related training needs.
- Participates in the organization’s compliance with mandatory training requirements.
- Utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Serves as a consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice and professional development.
- Participates in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs.
- Serves as an active member of committees focused on such areas as safety, infection control and staff competency.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of standards and regulations related to staff development and patient education.
- Researches and recommends the purchase of educational materials and equipment.
- Coordinates and/or collaborates with external learning institutions as they utilize the hospital as a clinical teaching site.
- Current NJ Registered Nurse licensure.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Education or Advance Practice Acute Care Nursing
- Minimum 3 years of clinical nursing experience; 5-7 years preferred.
- Previous experience as Clinical Nurse Specialist, Educator or Advanced Practice Nurse and management or leadership experience preferred.
- Current BLS, ACLS and CCRN or CNRN certifications.
- Excellent communicator with engaging and effective presentation abilities.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of standards and regulations related to staff development and patient education.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages. For immediate consideration please apply online at www.christhospital.org and click on “Careers”