Software Engineer compensation at Amazon ranges from $171k per year for SDE I to $490k per year for Principal SDE. The median compensation package totals $190k. View the base salary, stock, and bonus breakdowns for Amazon’s total compensation packages.
How much does a Software Development Engineer at Amazon make? The typical Amazon Software Development Engineer salary is $126,425 per year.
What is the starting salary for a software engineer?
According to the 2019 Levels.fyi research, software engineers who work at popular technology companies can expect high pay levels. Of course, your salary will depend on your experience. But according to this research, a software engineer starting salary at a popular technology company can be from $175,000 to $234,000 per year.
What are the salary levels at Amazon?
If you’re wondering whether the Amazon Software Engineer Salary you’re offered is competitive, paysa.com and levels.fyi are good places to start. The most unique thing about Amazon job offers is that they typically cap base salary at somewhere around $165-175k depending on division and geographic location.
Software Development Engineer Job at Amazon.com Services LLC
Do you want to be part of a new engineering team that is building from the ground up at Amazon? Can you commit to building a new service with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive information? Do you have a passion for bringing the best experience to our customers?
Amazon Software Engineer Salary $93,800 – $160,000 a year
Job Type Full-time
Full Job Description
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science-related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline OR a Bachelors degree in an unrelated technical discipline with a 1+ year intensive training program in computer science
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience working within either agile or traditional waterfall software development lifecycles
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C#, or Java
We are looking for software developers with expertise and passion for building large-scale distributed systems and services. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Building functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a new fast-growing team
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Write high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Possess good communication skills and sharp analytical abilities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $93,800 – $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on the market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
<<< To apply for Software Development Engineer Job at Amazon.com Services LLC >>>
To more about Amazon Software Engineer Salary, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.