Software Development Engineer Job Description:
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play.
If you have a passion for excellence and a drive to achieve, you belong at AMD. Our employees work hard, have fun, and thrive on success. We meet the challenges of an evolving marketplace by staying true to our corporate values, including unwavering respect for individuals and a focus on retaining superior employees.
Profiler Software Developer (SMTS)
Enhance and maintain the AMD CodeAnalyst performance analyzer tool, used by software developers targeting AMD platforms and products (CPUs, GPUs, and APUs).
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with software architects to design and implement profiling tools support for next-generation CPU, GPU, and Fusion APU products
- Maintain current generation AMD profiling tools
- Interface with the test team to define validation requirements, review test plans and implement bug fixes
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS and 15+ years experience, MS, and 10+ years experience, or Ph.D. and 5+ years experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- Experience with multi-platform application/tool development
- Experience in software performance analysis and optimization a plus
- Experience developing Cuda or OpenCL applications a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
At AMD, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. AMD does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and AMD will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for Software Development Engineer: http://tinyurl.com/6dwdsf5