AOL: Software Engineer, Java (Data & Reporting) – San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer, Java (Data & Reporting) Job Description: We are seeking several energetic software engineers with great Java experience to join our data & reporting team. In this role, you will be accountable for implementing and maintaining the data warehouse’s logical and physical data model as well as designing, documenting, developing, and supporting complex data load and transformation processes. Full responsibilities will include: Establishing our ONE Analytics Dashboard, ETL, Reporting, and hardware & software infrastructure and integration. You will be extensively affected in business analysis, requirements gathering, proposing, and developing solutions.
In close collaboration with business users, data analysts and system architects, you will define and resolve information needs, data flow, and data content/quality issues, and influence business partners to adhere to best practices with data.
ONE by AOL (based in San Mateo) is the video advertising platform of alternative for the world’s largest brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks. A unified, programmatic platform that presents buyers and sellers with automated tools to plan, buy and measure across linear TV and online video, ONE by AOL is transforming the way video advertising is acquired and sold. ONE by AOL is an AOL Platforms company.
In the online advertising and marketing services division, AOL continues to trail its rivals, such as Google, 24/7 Real Media, and ValueClick. The company’s advertising strategy is to lessen the number of ads on AOL sites to reduce clutter on pages and make them load faster. It also offers premium advertising formats that focus on aesthetic quality, impact, and interactivity. Besides, it is growing its presence in the local online ad market by investing in its Patch Media service, which provides local information and services for towns and communities. At the end of 2011, AOL reported the Patch.com’s network of local news websites had grown to more than 860, up from about 790 outlets at the end of 2010.
Google powers AOL searches through a partnership that extends through 2015. As part of the agreement, Google also provides AOL with a mobile search and brings AOL’s video content to Google’s YouTube. In 2011, about 15% of revenues came from Google, nearly all of which were searched and contextual revenues generated on AOL Properties
Qualifications of Software Engineer Job:
- 4+ years of experience designing and programming in Java in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with modern client-side development technologies
- Experience working with large-scale web API’s (REST)
- Experience working in agile software development processes and tools like Confluence, Git, Jenkins, and Jira.
Nice to have:
- Experience in big data, enterprise data warehouse architecture principles, methods, techniques and technologies
- Experience with data information management-related components and large, complex data solutions
- Excellent understanding of various relational database designs concepts
- Good track record of defining and meeting customer-facing commitments
- BS/MS in CS/EE or equivalent
Software Engineer Technical Skills:
- Must have:
- Extensive experience in Java
- Scripting languages experience, e.g., Shell, Python, Perl
- Nice to have:
- Tomcat/Apache experience
- Extensive SQL skills + Analytic SQL
- Any exposure to C
- Confluence, Git, Jenkins, and Jira
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401(k) match and a performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected categories.
Job Title: Software Engineer, Java: Data & Reporting
Location: San Mateo, CA
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.