Accountant IV for Diversified Technical Solutions in Morristown, NJ
By admin On 16 March 2020 In Accountant | No Comments
Short Description: Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. May require a bachelor’s degree in accounting and 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Maintains a complete general and/or subsidiary ledger and prepares journal entries. Prepares and review internal analysis (i.e., bank reconciliation, balance sheet, fixed asset subsidiary ledgers, etc) and assures they are reconciled to the general ledger according to scheduled deadlines. Researches and resolves all day-to-day problems related to general ledger items. Works closely with the region/division on issues surrounding the monthly close and reconciliation of the balance sheet.
- Review and verifies the accuracy of journals, vouchers and accounting classifications assigned to records for accurate reporting. Ensures compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports the Accounting Director with the review of contracts to ensure appropriate accounting treatment is being followed.
- Possesses and applies knowledge for the completion of moderately difficult to complex assignments. Analyzes various P&L accounts and provides results to managers.
- Possesses broad knowledge of many accounting systems and may recommend changes to currently used system to expedite problems.
- Develops and/or makes recommendations on accounting methods and procedures. Handles various accounting projects on an as needed basis.
- Supports the Accounting Director regarding the coordination of external audits and compliance to internal controls including SOX requirements.
- Supports the Accounting Director with the review and coordination of accounting activities performed within the accounting shared services center within the US and India.
- While assisting the Accounting Director, provides accounting guidance to the business unit finance and operational team.
4-5 years general accounting experience or 2-3 years as an Accountant with a proven proficiency in performing complex accounting activities.
Please submit your resume in MS Word format to [email protected]
Jobs from Indeed