Aseracare Hospice for Nurse Practitioner – Casual in Austin, TX
The Nurse Practitioner oversees conducts and/or completes all required visits and documentation in accordance to CMS PPS ruling for face-to-face encounter visits. Practices independently and in collaboration with appropriate physicians to provide primary care to patients. Assists in the evaluation and treatment of patients. Provides patient education and trains other health care professionals. Makes applicable clinical recommendations to nursing staff to address the medical needs of the patients.
- A graduate of an accredited Geriatric (preferable), Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner Master¿s program. Previous geriatric experience is preferred but not required.
- Board Certified as an Adult and Gerontological Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Superior communication skills *BLS certified on the date of hire. ACLS certified within one year of hire
- In-depth knowledge of service specific disease pathophysiology
- Strong collaborator and facilitator of interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in and/or working knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques
- Maintain good interpersonal relations with other healthcare personnel and maintain professional conduct at all times
- Advocate, role model and facilitator for patient-family-centered care
- A broad base of technical knowledge and skills needed to perform all assigned clinical/administrative and academic duties.
- Relevant experience in geriatrics/long term care settings; experience in an academic/teaching environment desirable.
AseraCare’s mission is to provide patients and their families the best possible quality of care and quality of life. We provide hospice services as a way to help improve the lives of patients and their families as they transition throughout the post-acute care continuum. Caring for patients and families as a whole is of the utmost importance to us. Decisions throughout the organization are based on a foundation of clinical excellence, and we focus our resources on serving the needs of our patients and their families with a sense of care and compassion. One patient. One family. One community at a time
To apply: http://tinyurl.com/49dl2zt