Staff accountants must apply math, computer, and financial skills to help senior accountants and their organizations’ leadership know the financial status of their organizations. The senior staff accountant job description also includes ensuring that the company or organization satisfies obligations to employees, other creditors, and regulators.
What is a Senior Accountant? As a senior accountant, you will analyze complex financial records and reports. You oversee a company’s accounting operations. Senior accountants regulate and authenticate financial transactions.
As a senior accountant, you will analyze complex financial records and reports. You oversee a company’s accounting operations. Senior accountants regulate and authenticate financial transactions. You maintain a ledger to ensure the effectiveness and accuracy of all accounting tasks. It is your job to balance accounts and confirm and verify bank statements on behalf of the company.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities: Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
Learn about the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills that should be in a Senior Accountant Job Description Senior Accountants prepare financial reports, perform research and analysis, maintain the general ledger, perform account reconciliations, assist with audit preparations, and carry out other accounting duties as may be required.
A Senior Accountant is responsible for a company’s financial procedures, records, and statements for compliance with laws and regulations. Here are some of the usual duties of a Senior Accountant: Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue. Prepare documentation for External Auditors.
Staff Accountants prepare and review financial documents, reports, and statements. They oversee all accounting procedures (e.g. tax returns, month-end closures, budgeting) and advise on general financial matters. Staff Accountant duties include: Managing financial reports, records, and accounts
Staff Accountant Job Duties: Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and departments. Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
A Staff Accountant is an important position in many large businesses. A Staff Accountant aids in preparing financial forms and statements on behalf of the company. In addition to this, a Staff Accountant analyzes financial information and informs management of the best practices in the field of …
Senior Staff Accountant Job in Boca Raton, FL We are currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant in Boca Raton, FL, who is a focused, motivated, and detail-oriented individual with a preferred 5+ years of experience in accounting with an understanding of GAAP accounting rules.
The senior staff accountant position will be heavily involved in the day-to-day accounting process and the preparation of monthly journal entries.
What is the job description of a senior accountant?
You oversee a company’s accounting operations. Senior accountants regulate and authenticate financial transactions. You maintain a ledger to ensure the effectiveness and accuracy of all accounting tasks. It is your job to balance accounts and confirm and verify bank statements on behalf of the company.
What is the job description of a staff accountant?
Staff Accountant Job Duties. Organize and maintain financial records. Tabulate and pay the company’s income and other taxes. Administer or assist in the administration of payroll for the company or organization. Prepare, examine and interpret financial statements.
What is a Senior Accountant title?
Senior Accountants analyze financial statements for discrepancies. A great job title typically includes a general term, level of experience, and any special requirements. The general term will optimize your job title to show up in a general search for jobs of the same nature.
Senior Staff Accountant – YMCA – Everett, WA
Provides senior-level accounting expertise and support to the organization. Manages the month-end closing process. Designs and prepares internal financial statements. Assists with key sections of external audits and reporting requirements to outside agencies. Understands and implements GAAP in a variety of business situations. Provides fiscal leadership to YMCA branch staff. Reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned.
Senior Staff Accountant Job in YMCA – Everett, WA Salary $58,500 – $65,000 a year
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in accounting.
- Demonstrated understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent computer skills to include knowledge of Accounting and Financial systems including Microsoft Office products, especially in Excel.
- Be able to work independently; have solid attention to detail and accuracy; have superior analytical and problem-solving skills; have excellent organizational, time management, and decision-making skills; and have the flexibility to change priorities as required. Must meet absolute deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including positive interaction with staff and community leaders.
- Ability to maintain proper discretion working with confidential information
- Previous experience with diverse populations is preferred.
- A satisfactory credit background check is required.
- Monitor cash reporting system for the Association by preparing appropriate reconciliation of depository cash on hand and monthly reconciliation of bank statements.
- Manages the month-end and year-end financial closing processes including Initiating, reviewing, and entering journal entries; uploading selected entries; driving the team through the closing process using checklists.
- Ensures timely production and distribution of financial statements. Ensures balancing and accuracy in financial statements.
- Supports annual insurance renewal. Monitors and manages prepaid insurance account and recurring allocations of insurance costs. Coordinates with insurance carriers for any needed Certificates of Insurance.
- Supports the annual audit, including select roll-forward schedules.
- Prepares assigned sections of the annual 990 federal tax return.
- Support branches with budget and forecasting process.
- Consult with and train Association staff on the appropriate treatment of accounting items.
- Other duties as assigned including Y-USA annual reporting, and annual filings with state or local government agencies.
MCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation’s 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including…
<<< To apply Senior Staff Accountant – YMCA – Everett, WA >>>
To more Senior Staff Accountant Job Description, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.