Our engineers build the underpinnings of Rentrak’s technology stack which drives our entire television measurement and advanced demographics platform. This platform enables Rentrak to provide innovative products and solutions to our customers and partners. Our solutions scale to process hundreds of billions of data points per day with stringent latencies of tens of milliseconds.
Why We Need You
- You will be a core member of our team; building, extending and maintaining the key systems that power Rentrak
- You can help us build the next generation of high performance, highly available, distributed systems to process our immense data.
- You will help us make significant architectural decisions about the next generation of systems at Rentrak
- You are able to collaborate with business owners to formulate the best solutions for our customers with new and innovative products.
Examples of Work Undertaken by Our Team
- We evaluated advertising effectiveness by comparing, at an individual household level, the TV viewership and grocery store purchases of millions of households.
- We helped the Obama campaign target television viewing audiences by matching television viewership data with other sources finding undecided voters. Allowing the campaign to get the biggest bang for its advertising buck.
- We started a joint venture with Sinomonitor in China combining and analyzing millions of households’ television viewership, Internet usage, and consumer behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major or equivalent years of experience and training.
- Strong C++ development skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with large data sets utilizing SQL based databases.
- Experience in the design, development and release of an enterprise scale application.
- Machine learning, information retrieval and data mining (OLAP).
Nice to have
- Distributed systems (Storm, Kafka, etc).
Experience with MapReduce technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark).
Our data is massive, our platform is full of possibilities, and our business is booming. We are looking for motivated engineers who want to take our technology and business to the next level helping us realize its full potential. If this sounds like your kind of environment, let’s talk, we’d love to hear from you!
Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a commitment to workplace diversity. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.
To apply >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=5344411cdb944cc6
more Software Engineer jobs <<<click hire>>>