Occupational Therapist Pediatrics Job Description
As an Occupational Therapist, you will evaluate and treat patients with disabilities, injuries, and/or diseases in agreement with the written and signed prescription or referral of a state licensed physician or other state authorized practitioner. You will collaborate with a team of medical professionals to determine the treatment to maximize the patient’s potential for recovery/improvement. You will be expected to deliver the highest quality of patient care to (or “intending to”) providing an exceptional patient experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Must be currently licensed as Occupational Therapist in New York State OR Must have a valid
- permit and become licensed and registered within one (1) year of employment.
- Acute Care Experience, preferred
- Pediatric Experience, preferred
- Utilizes thorough and appropriate evaluation techniques to establish realistic goals. Designs and implements a treatment plan which best meets the needs of the patient and works toward achieving established goals.
- Develops and implements treatment plans to improve gross and fine motor coordination, movement and function of upper extremities.
- Treats patients with acute or developmental disabilities using methods including but not limited to kinetic activities, perceptual training, and developmental sequencing.
- Instruct patient and significant caregivers in daily living skills including, but not limited to tub transfers, dressing activities, feeding and household activities to promote a more independent and self-sufficient level of functioning.
- Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities.
- Reviews and arranges for required Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and instructs patient in use and protocols for dealing with malfunction of same. Makes appropriate recommendations for follow-up care upon discharge.
About Northwell Health
Our employees are always encouraged to become the best they can be through growth and education. To make the extraordinary the new ordinary, and to make breakthroughs happen every day.
At Northwell Health, we believe every role, every person and every moment matters. We embrace our Culture of C.A.R.E. ( Connectedness, Awareness, Respect, and Empathy) with our people and the communities we serve and our organization’s values of Caring, Excellence, Innovation, and Integrity. This helps us make a powerful and positive impact on our patients’ and customers’ experiences.
We are Northwell Health, and we’re shaping the future of health care. As the state’s largest health care provider with 21 hospitals and over 500 outpatient practices, we serve a community of 8 million people in the metro New York area and beyond. Join our 61,000 strong today.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Occupational Therapist Pediatrics Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.