Genentech: Senior Accountant (Capital Accounting) – South San Francisco, CA
The Senior Accountant will work within the Capital Accounting Group of Finance Shared Service (FSS) team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for review Credit Applications, fixed asset creation, SAP depreciation runs, financial reporting, capital expenditures reporting, and tax requests. The Senior Accountant will interact with internal business partners and finance managers on obtaining asset data, capital project info, account reconciliations and proper recording of capital assets. This position will also be involved with month-end close activities, and participating in special projects within the FSS Accounting team.
At Roche, 88,500 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 35 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
RESPONSIBILITIES of Senior Accountant Job:
- Review completeness of credit applications, releases and monitor projects in SAP.
- Work with Project Managers for over $10M capital projects to review and create Fixed Assets in SAP.
- Responsible for month-end close activities, also reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Assist with the physical inventories of fixed assets, and reconcile physical inventories to accounting records.
- Prepare audit schedules for internal and external auditors as needed.
- Prepare monthly Roche Financial reporting, quarterly Capital Expenditures reporting and asset sub ledger analyses.
- Run monthly SAP depreciation jobs, and monitor depreciation expense trending.
- Monitor and approve capital shopping carts as needed.
- Prepare tax schedules for Property Tax reporting, and handle tax requests.
- Identify and develop solutions for process efficiency improvements to improve operations and productivity.
- Escalate issues and recommendations to management as appropriate.
- This position is not eligible for relocation.
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts; experience with fixed asset accounting is imperative.
- Experience with Asset Management and Project System modules in SAP is highly desirable.
- Must be able to think outside the box, work independently with general supervision, be a team player, and willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require. Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Must demonstrate strong time management, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent general accounting reconciliation skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks.
- Commitment to customer service with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, be able to work within tight deadlines, and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Advanced usage of Excel such as pivot tables and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in capital accounting or a related field.
- Public accounting experience desired.
Job Title Senior Accountant
Location South San Francisco, CA
Job Function Accounting/ Reporting
Job type Regular Employee
Job Level Experienced
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE