Shriners Hospitals for Children in Tampa, Florida seeking Accountant II. The Accountant II will maintain the general ledger for multiple corporations. Duties for the Accountant II position include preparation of journal entries, bank reconciliations, balance sheet account reconciliations and other reconciliations as assigned. The Accountant II will also monitor daily banking to determine funding requirements; assist in the preparation of financial reports; and assist in the interim and annual audit and provide supporting financial schedules.
The qualified candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Minimum of five years’ experience preparing journal entries, financial reports or statements and reconciliations required
Minimum Education Required/Preferred:
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including experience with Pivot Tables and use of Formulas and Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and/or with other team members required
- Ability and willingness to learn new technical skills in order to provide support to, and troubleshoot issues for, the Corporate Accounting team required
- Prepare standard and non-standard monthly journal entries for multiple companies. This includes international transactions in foreign currencies. Maintain entries in project accounting system for monthly reports. Prepare and analyze monthly account reconciliations and roll-forwards for assigned accounts and other analysis as may be necessary. Research and resolve outstanding items.
- Responsible for monthly closing of multiple companies.
- Perform daily and monthly bank reconciliations. Treasury management of multiple operating accounts. Monitor accounts daily to determine funding requirements, monitor EFT transactions, and ensure positive pay exceptions and unusual activity are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of and review of financial reports. Provide reports to internal users on monthly or as needed basis. Assist in interim and annual audit, providing financial schedules as needed.
- Provide back up to Director of Corporate Accounting for Accounts Payable invoice review as needed.
- Special projects and other duties as required.
Shriners Hospitals for Children® is changing lives every day through innovative pediatric specialty care, world-class research, and outstanding medical education. Our 22 facilities, located in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, provide advanced care for children with orthopedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate.
Walk into a Shriners Hospitals for Children® and the first thing you notice is that it does not feel like a hospital at all. In our hospitals you will find colorful spaces, smiling children and people who are passionate about caring for kids. Everything we do here is designed to make children and their families feel at home while delivering life-changing medical care.
Shriners Hospitals for Children® offers career opportunities to clinical and non-clinical professionals; as well as educational and research opportunities. The work environment is mission driven, high quality and provides great satisfaction to all professionals through the unique health care setting.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing challenging and rewarding careers in an environment based on our corporate values – excellence, innovation, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and stewardship.
To learn more about our team of professionals, join our Talent Network today!
Job Title Accountant II
Location Tampa, FL
Employee Type Full-Time
Experience At least 5 year(s)
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE