Giant Eagle is where you can feed your career. Our success depends on Team Members like you. That’s why we make you and your career a priority. We’ll give you every opportunity to reach higher and live well. And you’ll quickly discover that at Giant Eagle you are so much more than an employee. You are part of the family. Explore Opportunities; Welcome to Giant Eagle Jobs.
How can I get more out of Giant Eagle?
Get more out of your career. Join Giant Eagle. Grow. Learn. Thrive. Giant Eagle is where you can feed your career. Our success depends on Team Members like you. That’s why we make you and your career a priority. We’ll give you every opportunity to reach higher and live well.
How to get accommodation at Giant Eagle?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of Giant Eagle’s employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or [email protected] Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
As a Pharmacy Technician Trainee, you’ll be a key part of our collaborative team. You’ll bring your skills and expertise to building a service-conscious Pharmacy team that consistently looks to develop great relationships with patients. You’ll help us exceed expectations, meet needs and provide safe, accurate, and efficient care to reach the best patient, Team Member, and company outcomes.
Giant Eagle Jobs Description
Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Certification or Licensing Preferred: Pharmacy Certification
Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Welcome patients and immediately acknowledge them with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging, and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs, including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise, and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over-the-counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure that company and government requirements are met.
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure the department runs efficiently.
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will-call, drive-thru, phone, filling, and order receiving, including but not limited to: searching for patients and profiles, determining dates of fill and pick-up, determining prescriptions sent to Central Fill, quoting cash prices of prescriptions, checking on-hand counts of medications and entering invoices.
- Assist team on action plans to improve outcomes using knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Complete required training program and accompanying exams.
- Follow all company, state, and federal policies, laws, and regulations, including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures, including the point of sale policies.
- Transcribe data from prescriptions accurately to generate a custom label for the customer.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking, and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedure.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner, ensure accurate information is exchanged and the customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team and support staff in an efficient manner.
- File written prescriptions daily.
What kind of job can you get at Giant Eagle?
Marketing and Merchandising are undergoing extremely rapid growth at Giant Eagle. Career advancement opportunities are available for entry-level and experienced professionals who thrive on high-energy, fast-paced work. Experience in grocery/food, retail, or consumer packaged goods is a plus. It’s not just IT and e-commerce, it’s so much more!
Who is the chief executive of Giant Eagle?
Giant Eagle is a wonderful place to make a career and I look forward to working with you in the days ahead. Giant Eagle family.” Giant Eagle. Watch Here. Hi, I’m Laura Karet. I’m the Chief Executive of Giant Eagle and I am so proud to be part of this company that my great grandfather helped found over 80 years ago.
<<< To apply for Giant Eagle Jobs as Pharmacy Technician Trainee >>>
To more Giant Eagle Jobs, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.