Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst with imaging, deployment, and remote system support experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
You will join our team in support of the US Postal Service Point of Service systems. The ideal candidate will be a quick study and rapidly learn the specifics of the customs system environment and tools.
Basic Qualifications of Computer Systems Analyst Job:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and 2 years of relevant experience. Four years of applicable experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of MS Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of local and wide area networks to include network operating systems, LAN protocols, LAN management.
- Experience with remote desktop and server support.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting PC hardware and peripherals
- Experience testing PC hardware and software
- Experience working with Windows registry
- Experience working with and administering Active Directory
- Experience with patch management at the enterprise level.
- Ability to develop and maintain IT documentation.
- Willing to work off-shift hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with Service Now service management software
- Experience scripting in one or more of the following: PERL, REXX, PowerShell
- Experience with Point of Sales hardware and peripherals
- Experience with SCCM or other enterprise desktop manager
- Experience with WSUS
- Experience with packaging applications and application updates for remote deployment to a large enterprise
- Experience creating and deploying images
- Microsoft / Network / ITIL or other certifications
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
Computer Systems Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support 45,000+ USPS Point of Service systems at 17,000+ sites nationwide
- Participate in operating system and software upgrades in a very large enterprise environment
- The selected individual will work independently with minimal supervision or as a part of a team.
- May is required to create time-sensitive deliverables.
- Must be available for on-call or non-standard hours
NOTE: This position will have a significant amount of the work to be performed outside of business hours, overnight, and weekends.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, We don’t just see the value of our performance. We feel it. We feel it when a soldier comes home safely and when a first responder saves a life. We feel it when a cyber terrorist is defeated and when a hurricane is predicted. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll feel it too. You’ll join a team of experts in the aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services. And you’ll be supported by training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security. We see the value of our performance every day. We are Northrop Grumman. And excellence is at the heart of what we do.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Job Title Computer Systems Analyst
Location Raleigh, NC
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type: Position of Public Trust
Shift: 1st Shift
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.