Moog Incorporation: Embedded Software Engineer – Chicago, IL
In Embedded Software Engineer position, you’ll report directly to the Electrical and Software Team Lead. While you won’t have direct reports, you may, at times, direct the efforts of engineering drafters and/or prototype technicians. You’ll be expected to design, code and modify embedded software for boards with 8 to 32 bit Microcontrollers, sensors, and motor drivers. Activity would include program design, program coding, testing on final system hardware, software documentation, and field maintenance.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with project engineers, engineering drafters, and test technicians addressing changing design requirements. You can expect a limited amount of travel in this position.
- A working environment where people calmly trust each other to achieve exceptional things
- A business that employs eight thousand of the world’s most sought-after technologists, but where the annual turnover rate is just 2%
- An enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
We started in 1951 and now after nearly 60 years of continuous innovation, Moog is a world class company operating in more than 26 countries, and with customers in over 90 countries. The cutting-edge technology we produce places our influence at the forefront of the security systems’ sector.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer in our Northbrook, Illinois site.
We need your help in designing and producing high-quality, scalable physical security and process monitoring solutions for extreme environments. Our unique offerings enable asset protection, threat intervention, border protection, system health monitoring and communication around the world.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Robotics A focus on microcontrollers preferred
- Motion control systems, stepper motors, different types of position feedback devices.
- Use electrical test equipment and design/code/modify embedded software for boards with 8 to 32 bit Microcontroller, sensors and motor drivers
- Familiarity with one of the following families: ATMEL AVR, TI Cortex M3/M4 or ST ARM7
- Familiarity with embedded software IDEs, such as IAR, Code Composer Studio, Image Craft, etc.
- Working knowledge of designing and troubleshooting software for serial communication like I2C, SPI, UART, RS232, RS485, LVDS.
- Due to government contracts, applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it. We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic and flexible people who want to write the next chapter of the Moog story.
- Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
- Business Segment: Space & Defense
- Country: United States
- City: Northbrook (Chicago)
- Standard Hours: 40
- Shift: 1st Shift
About Moog, Inc
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible, from cutting-edge medical technology to space vehicles. Our formula includes one simple, surprising low-tech element that makes us stand out from everyone else: Trust.
We trust each other to work hard and do the right thing. We give people credit for their ideas. We take pride in sticking with a problem until it’s solved. We value you for who you are as much as what you can do. We enjoy what we do. And you can do it, too
To apply >>> Embedded Software Engineer
To more software engineer jobs >>> CLICK HIRE
You may also like
Computer Software Engineer SalaryHow much does a Computer Software Engineer make? Computer software engineers make $102,511 per year on average, or $49.28 per hour, in the United States. Computer software engineers on the lower end of that spectrum, the bottom 10%, make roughly $77,000 a year, while ...
Embedded Software Engineer Job in HPAn embedded software engineer is a coder who specializes in software that runs on hardware. With the rising ubiquity of microcontrollers, they are responsible for creating the small programs that are installed on these devices to perform tasks such as processing images or driving ...