This Firmware Development Engineer position gives you the opportunity to be part of one of Intel’s fastest growing teams and enables you to work on industry changing memory technologies. Intel technology provides amazing user experiences across many devices. As a Firmware Development Engineer in NSG (Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group) you will develop/test the firmware that controls Intel’s cutting edge SSD’s (Solid State Drives). You will collaborate with hardware design engineers to define the product feature set and work within a product development team to deliver a firmware that meets or exceeds product requirements.
Qualifications of Firmware Development Engineer jobs
- Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical / Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in C, C++ programming skills on embedded RISC microprocessors in Windows development environments
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with embedded firmware, real-time operating system (RTOS), and HW/SW interactions
- Developing unit tests for code quality validation
- Firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and toolchains.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Understanding of data manipulation and memory management algorithms in flash memories.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers
- Industry experience in storage protocols (SATA, SAS, or PCIe)
- Exposure to commercial product development/validation environment
In this role your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Low-level source code development, review, and maintenance.
- Unit and system level test and verification.
- Lead and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Support validation and integration efforts through debugging and technical support
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with architecture, validation, manufacturing, and other disciplines.
- Good analytical, integration, support, and debugging skills.
- Proactive approach to work and communication
The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
Job Title: Firmware Development Engineer
Job Category: Software Engineering
Primary Location: USA-California, Folsom
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: College Graduate
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for over 45 years and counting.
When Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore founded Intel in 1968, they didn’t just start a company. They ignited a technological revolution whose spirit is seared into an Intel culture that’s still setting the world on fire.
Now—with our eye on dramatic innovations in areas like intuitive computing, the Internet of Things, software, and wearables—we’re more fired up than ever. The challenges and opportunities ahead are enormous, so our team has to be first-rate. And that means searching the world for the very best talent—whoever they are, and wherever they may be.
We value the curious, the brilliant, the ones who won’t take no for an answer. People from richly diverse backgrounds who still share something in common: an inextinguishable passion for carrying the Intel flame forward, for blazing new trails toward a better tomorrow.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Development Engineer Jobs, Please CLICK HIRE