Informz: Director of Software Development New York
The Director of Software Development is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of all Informz software products and features. To be successful, this role will manage ongoing projects ensuring deliverables are met using a team consisting of software developers and quality assurance engineers both in the US and offshore to help accomplish these goals. In addition to project management, this role will conduct a code review, establish coding standards, provide mentorship, establish KPIs and provide technical leadership on the team.
Founded in 1997, Informz is a leading provider of digital marketing solutions for associations and nonprofits. Informz offers a powerful, web-based email marketing, marketing automation, and transactional email platform. Headquartered in Saratoga Springs, NY, Informz currently serves over 1,300 clients worldwide and was recently recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. magazine.
The ideal Director of Software Development person for this role will have senior level software coding experience and has either managed a development team or is looking to move into a management role that does not involve coding.
Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in computer information systems or computer science
- 5-10 years experience software development experience
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of personalities
- Experience managing a team of software developers preferred
- Experience as a technical project manager or project leader in an online commerce or software venue.
Core Responsibilities of Director of Software Development:
- Manage the day to day activities of the project teams in developing, quality testing, releasing, and maintaining software applications according to business and customer needs.
- Collaborate with the business teams on systems analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Ensure releases are handled on a regular basis
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution into production.
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures.
- Conduct code reviews, software design sessions, and architectural reviews.
- Participate in technical advisory roles, as required.
- Interact with customers and partners at the technical level, as required.
- Ensure effective handoff to operations for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate performance of individual software engineers and quality assurance engineers on the development team.
- Hire and mentor team members, provide career development and professional growth
- Mentor associates and foster a learning and growth environment.
Job Title Director of Software Development
Department Software Development
This is a management position
This is a full-time position
Location Saratoga Springs, NY
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Development Jobs, Please CLICK HIRE