Edward Jones does not receive revenue sharing payments for assets within investment advisory programs like Guided Solutions and Advisory Solutions. Disclosures In 2004, Edward Jones paid $75 million to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as part of a settlement after it was alleged that the firm failed to disclose revenue-sharing payments it received from a group of mutual fund …
Edward D. Jones & Co., L.P., simplified as Edward Jones, is a financial services firm headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. It serves investment clients in the U.S. and Canada, through its branch network of more than 15,000 locations and 19,000 financial advisors. The company currently has relationships with nearly 8 million clients and $1 trillion in assets, under management worldwide. The firm focuses solely on individual investors and small-business owners.
You can build a better practice at Edward Jones with support from the home office and your dedicated branch office administrator, firm-paid branch office, and industry-leading compensation. Bring your ambition and leadership, and we’ll empower you to take your practice to the next level. Learn how we’ve helped many of our financial advisors who came to Edward Jones looking for more.
Edward Jones is a subsidiary of The Jones Financial Companies, L.L.L.P., a limited liability limited partnership owned only by its employees and retired employees and is not publicly traded. Edward Jones appointed Penny Pennington as managing partner, effective January 2019, making her the firm’s sixth managing partner and the only woman to lead a major U.S. brokerage firm.
With your background, skills, and experience, you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. But have you found your ideal career? At Edward Jones, we’ve designed every aspect of our business model around serving your clients, from your branch office with your own branch office administrator, to your compensation to development that helps you reach your career goals.
Edward Jones fees are extremely high if the advisor is just managing investments. Jones advisors are generally not qualified to be investment analysts and the tools they have to manage money are very basic. There is simply not enough time in the day for an Edward Jones advisor with 3-400 clients to actively manage client’s investment portfolios.
As with much of the industry, the FA role at Edward Jones is all about working extremely hard for the first few years until you turn a corner and the business begins to more or less run itself. From my understanding, EJ has better attrition rates than the industry, but it’s extremely brutal, especially if you lack an established network.
Potential conflicts of interest: Most Edward Jones’ advisors are dually registered as representatives of broker-dealers and also licensed insurance agents, meaning they can earn commissions when you buy certain products. Thus, they have a financial incentive to recommend certain investment or insurance products, creating a potential conflict of interest.
As a financial advisory firm, Edward Jones can provide a variety of financial planning services for Americans. Financial advisors help you achieve your life goals, e.g., saving for retirement, by creating a comprehensive financial plan and managing your investment portfolio (e.g., stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, bonds).
What are the benefits of working with Edward Jones?
The main benefit of working with Edward Jones is the financial advisor. The company has 19,000 advisors who work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide individual investment advice and management. Typically, Edward Jones assigns one financial advisor to each branch office, which is why the company has so many branches.
How many advisors do Edward Jones advisors have?
Edward Jones, registered in 1963, serves 50 state (s) with a licensed staff of 18,460 advisors. Edward Jones manages $423.2 billion and provides investment advisory services for 2,640,912 clients (1:144 advisor/client ratio).
Can you buy and sell investments with Edward Jones?
Keep in mind you can always buy and sell investments individually through an Edward Jones brokerage account, and pay commissions and transaction costs instead of a flat fee. Your financial advisor will typically earn more in upfront fees and commissions when you pay per transaction.
Who is Edward Jones?
Edward Jones, federally registered in 1963, is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) in 50 state(s) with a licensed staff of 16,942 advisors. Edward Jones manages $329.0 billion and provides investment advisory services for 2,433,890 clients (1:144 advisor/client ratio).
Edward Jones: US Experienced Financial Advisor – Washington, IA
Full Job Description Do you want to elevate your practice? Edward Jones is here for you.
With Edward Jones, experienced Financial Advisors like you will discover a different kind of business model. Over 19,000 financial advisors run their own offices and make their own decisions. But they have vast resources, from a full-time Branch Office Administrator to some of the most advanced technological tools and resources in the industry. With Edward Jones you can be in business for yourself—but not by yourself. So why not grow your practice with an organization that supports your professional and personal development.
Edward Jones is constantly adapting while staying firmly grounded in doing what’s best for our clients – that’s what makes us an industry original – and steady as a rock. For more than 97 years we’ve put an intense value on trusting relationships, nurturing ideas, and investing in people. It’s why we’re consistently rated as a great place to work by our Financial Advisors. This is what makes us stand out in the industry – this is what makes us Edward Jones.
Moving your practice takes a lot of self-reflection, and we are here at any point in time for a confidential discussion. We have an entire team dedicated to transitioning your practice, including connecting you with Financial Advisors who’ve recently made the transition to Edward Jones.
Forward-thinking. Industry-leading and technologically advanced.
Edward Jones is Built to be better. Together – and individually.
- Our community-based branch offices are our only profit center.
- Individual support from a Branch Office Administrator and thousands of headquarters associates allows you to focus on what’s most important, your clients.
- You are truly equipped to provide what’s best for each of your clients – not for the firm. We offer a full spectrum of products and services to help meet the goals of your client. From high-net-worth individuals to business owners to all other long-term investors, Edward Jones provides the products, plus extensive support and resources, to help ensure you can serve each of your client’s unique and often complex investing needs.
- Our integrated information system and advanced, client-facing technology make it easy to serve clients – with Focus on our Docusign, remote capabilities, mobile app for clients, goals-based advice, financial foundations.
We believe that those who share in the work should share in the rewards
- Transfer compensation is individually assessed and optimized for incoming financial advisors to ensure a smooth transfer to the firm.
- Your compensation is based on the practice you build, not requirements defined by prior performance levels, obligations, or stipulations.
- A portion of your variable income is based on assets that transfer in for up to the first five years, regardless of how the assets are invested – even if they are transferred in kind.
- Your total compensation is made up of multiple income streams, which could include, commissions, guaranteed supplemental salary, and new asset compensation, profits sharing, travel awards, and partnership opportunities.*
Our team will be there every step of the way, providing:
- Pre-transition planning.
- Industry-leading training and support tailored to your unique needs and the needs of your clients.
- For those Financial Advisors transitioning to a more robust practice, On-Site support begins Day 1.
- Ongoing dedicated support to help ensure a smooth transition for your practice and your clients.
You can also expect…
- No ceiling to your earning potential and growth based on the energy and effort you put forth.
- Your production – your earnings.
- Leadership development opportunities; your professional development is tailored to you.
- The flexibility that you need to balance your personal and professional life – the best of both worlds.
<<< To apply Edward Jones: US Experienced Financial Advisor – Washington, IA >>>
To more Edward Jones Financial Advisor Review, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.