The New York City office has a small, Software Engineer talented team working on impactful projects that are essential to Dropbox’s success. As an early member of Dropbox NYC Engineering, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build critical product features and infrastructure while shaping the direction of the team and the office.
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
We’re looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our New York office, we’d love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
- Help millions of businesses around the world who run on Dropbox, from your neighborhood corner store all the way up to Fortune 500 companies; build Dropbox for Business to help teams be more productive and collaborative
- Build infrastructure to manage metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- Create a platform that is the fabric connecting over 100 thousand of the world’s apps, devices, and services; redefine “sync” for a mobile era (see the inaugural DBX conference for more)
- Relentlessly measure and optimize, and build one of the industry’s most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data
- Craft the data and networking layers that enable rapid product innovation across Android, iOS, and mobile web
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux. For example, on OS X, we had to reverse-engineer the Finder to show current file sync status, and on Android and iOS, we’ve optimized JSON parsing and have built custom bitmap caches to present lightning-fast views of tens of thousands of photos.
- Enable our users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences delightful, from our mobile photo uploaders and web albums to a host of exciting features that will launch over the next few months
Job Title Software Engineer
Location New York, NY
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE